Pillsbury is a brand name used by Minneapolis-based General Mills and Orrville, Ohio-based The J. M. Smucker Company. Historically, Pillsbury was a rival company to General Mills, also based in Minneapolis, and was one of the world's largest producers of grain and other foodstuffs until it was bought-out by General Mills in 2001. Antitrust law required General Mills to sell off some of the products. General Mills kept the rights to refrigerated and frozen Pillsbury products, while dry baking products and frosting are now sold by Smucker under license.
Campaign Finance$412,114 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Pillsbury Co
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Pillsbury Co $3,346,145
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Food Industry,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Government Issues,
- Science & Technology
RegulationsMentioned in 35 dockets; Submitted to 7 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Pillsbury Co" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Pillsbury Co
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Pillsbury Co
- Toggle 13 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls For Human Food 2011
- Toggle 7 OSHA GRAIN ELEVATORS 2006
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plan; State of Utah; Maintenance Plan for the 1997 8-Hour Ozone Standard for Salt Lake and Davis Counties 2012
- Toggle 4 FDA Implied Nutrient Content Claim 'Healthy' & Health Claims 1995
- Toggle 2 EPA Environmental Auditing Provisions in Consent Decrees and Orders 2005
- Toggle 2 OSHA ELECTRICAL STDS 2006
- Toggle 2 USCG Quarterly Listings; Safety Zones, Security Zones, Special Local Regulations and Regulated Navigation Areas 2004
- Toggle 2 EPA Aircraft Drinking Water 2005
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Air Quality State Implementation Plans (SIPs); Utah; Rules Recodification. 2005
- Toggle 2 FDA Food Labeling Requirements & Label Declaration of Ingredient Requireme 1975
EPA Violations2 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Sauget Area 2 Unilateral Admin Order (Cercla)||Pillsbury Co (+76 others)||2002||Sauget, Il||$26,500,000|
|Pcb Treatment, Inc.||Pillsbury Company (+381 others)||2004||Kansas City, Ks; ...||$1,916,377|