Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
RegulationsMentioned in 38 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Philip Morris" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Philip Morris
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry: Modified Risk Tobacco Product Applications; Availability 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR 2012 Special 301 Review 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Scientific Evaluation of Modified Risk Tobacco Product Applications; Public Workshop; Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR 2013 Special 301 Review 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Philip Morris
- Toggle 7 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry: Modified Risk Tobacco Product Applications; Availability 2012
- Toggle 5 FDA Scientific Evaluation of Modified Risk Tobacco Product Applications; Public Workshop; Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 5 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry: Applications for Premarket Review of New Tobacco Products; Availability; Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request 2011
- Toggle 5 FDA Initiate a Rulemaking Procedure to Adjust the Text of a Smokeless Tobacco ("ST") Product Warning Label Statement 2011
- Toggle 4 BLM Notice of Proposed Rule: Oil and Gas; Well Stimulation, Including Hydraulic Fracturing, on Federal and Indian Lands 43 CFR 3160 2012
- Toggle 3 Smokeless Tobacco Product Warning Statements; Request for Comments and Scientific Evidence 2012
- Toggle 3 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry: Reporting Harmful and Potentially Harmful Constituents in Tobacco Products and Tobacco Smoke Under Section 904(a)(3) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act; Availability; Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request 2012
- Toggle 3 FDA Regulations Restricting the Sale and Distribution of Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco to Protect Children and Adolescents 2011
- Toggle 3 APHIS Dow AgroSciences; Notice of Petition for a Determination of Nonregulated Status for Soybean Genetically Engineered for Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid and Glufosinate 2012
- Toggle 2 USTR 2012 Special 301 Review 2011
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Philip Morris" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 1 person on 1 committee