Pharmacia & Upjohn
Campaign Finance$857,802 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Pharmacia & Upjohn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Pharmacia & Upjohn $1,585,140
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Hazardous & Solid Waste,
- Medicare & Medicaid
RegulationsMentioned in 85 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Pharmacia & Upjohn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Pharmacia & Upjohn
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Pharmacia & Upjohn
- Toggle 13 FDA Investigate Polyethylene Glycol 3350 Product Safety for Use With Pediatric Patients 2012
- Toggle 13 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls For Human Food 2011
- Toggle 9 FDA NADA/ANADA Notices 2010
- Toggle 9 FDA NADA/ANADA Notices 2009
- Toggle 6 FDA Patent Extension Application for APTIVUS (tipranavir), U.S. Patent No. 5,852,195 2006
- Toggle 6 FDA Docket Pertains to NADA/ANADA Notices 2008
- Toggle 5 FDA Declare Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim Powder, USP, Comparable to Pharmacia & Upjohn Company 2010
- Toggle 4 FDA Abbreviated new drug application/topical dematological drug 1999
- Toggle 4 FDA Qualified Health Claim (QHC) Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Coronoary Heart Disease Health Claim 2003
- Toggle 3 FDA Patent Extension NICOTROL (nicotine) 5,167,242 1998
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Berlex Laboratories, Inc. Et. Al.||Pharmacia & Upjohn S.P.A. (+3 others)||2004||St Croix, Vi||$1,894,260|
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Pharmacia & Upjohn" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 1 person on 1 committee