Pharmaceutical Rsrch & Mfrs of America
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA), founded in 1958, is a trade group representing the pharmaceutical research and biotechnology companies in the United States. PhRMA's stated mission is advocacy for public policies that encourage the discovery of new medicines for patients by pharmaceutical and biotechnology research companies. PhRMA's current CEO is John J. Castellani.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Pharmaceutical Rsrch & Mfrs of America
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Pharmaceutical Rsrch & Mfrs of America $42,953,400
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Government Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1908 Patent Reform Act of 2007 S.1145 Patent Reform Act of 2007 H.R.6331 Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008 S.2029 Physician Payments Sunshine Act of 2007 H.R.3162 Children's Health and Medicare Protection Act of 2007 H.R.1424 Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007 H.R.1038 H.R.2900 Food and Drug Administration Amendments Act of 2007 H.R.3610 Food and Drug Import Safety Act of 2007 S.3101 Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 81 dockets; Submitted to 19 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Pharmaceutical Rsrch & Mfrs of America" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Pharmaceutical Rsrch & Mfrs of America
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Genotoxic and Carcinogenic Impurities in Drug Substances and Products 2008
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Control of Residual Solvents in Drug Products Marketed in the United States Availability 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Guidance for the Public, FDA Advisory Committee Members, and FDA Staff on Procedures for Determining Conflict of Interest and Eligibility for Participation in FDA Advisory Committees 2007
- Toggle 1 FDA Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) IV Information Technology Plan 2007
- Toggle 1 FDA Secure Supply Chain Pilot Program; Notice of Pilot Program 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Guidance for Industry on End-of-Phase 2A Meetings 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Supplemental Applications Proposing Labeling Changes for Approved Drugs, Biologics, and Medical Devices 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Postmarketing Adverse Event Reporting for Medical Products and Dietary Supplements During an Influenza Pandemic 2008
- Toggle 1 FSIS Requirements for the Disposition of Cattle that Become Non-Ambulatory Disabled Following Ante-Mortem Inspection 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Diabetes Mellitus: Developing Drugs and Therapeutic Biologics for Treatment and Prevention; Availability 2008
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Pharmaceutical Rsrch & Mfrs of America
- Toggle 18 EPA Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting 2008
- Toggle 17 EPA Amendment to the Universal Waste Rule: Addition of Pharmaceuticals 2007
- Toggle 14 EPA Preliminary 2010 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2008
- Toggle 9 FDA Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA): Public Meeting 2007
- Toggle 8 FDA Electronic Distribution of Prescribing Information for Prescription Drug Products; Public Hearing 2007
- Toggle 7 FDA Pilot Program To Evaluate Proposed Name Submissions; Concept Paper; Public Meeting, 2008
- Toggle 5 FDA Risk Communication Advisory Committee; Notice of Meeting 2008
- Toggle 5 EPA Drinking Water Contaminant Candidate List 3 2007
- Toggle 3 FDA Information Technology Strategic Planning; Public Meeting 2007
- Toggle 3 FDA Standards for Standardized Numerical Identifier, Track and Trace, and Authentication for Prescription Drugs 2008