Pfizer Incorporated (NYSE: PFE) is a pharmaceutical company, ranking number one in sales in the world. The company is based in New York City, with its research headquarters in Groton, Connecticut. It produces Lipitor (atorvastatin, used to lower blood cholesterol); the neuropathic pain/fibromyalgia drug Lyrica (pregabalin); the oral antifungal medication Diflucan (fluconazole), the antibiotic Zithromax (azithromycin), Viagra (sildenafil) for erectile dysfunction, and the anti-inflammatory Celebrex (celecoxib) (also known as Celebra in some countries outside the USA and Canada, mainly in South America). Its headquarters are in Midtown Manhattan, New York City.
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's April 8, 2011 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Pfizer Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Pfizer Inc $22,820,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Consumer Product Safety,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.965 Preservation of Antibiotics for Medical Treatment Act of 2011 H.R.1249 America Invents Act H.R.452 Medicare Decisions Accountability Act of 2011 H.R.1834 Freedom to Invest Act of 2011 S.1211 Preservation of Antibiotics for Medical Treatment Act of 2011 S.668 Health Care Bureaucrats Elimination Act S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 S.727 Bipartisan Tax Fairness and Simplification Act of 2011 H.R.942 American Research and Competitiveness Act of 2011 S.2091 United States Job Creation and International Tax Reform Act of 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 253 dockets; Submitted to 42 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Pfizer Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Pfizer Inc
- Toggle 3 FDA Take the Actions Described (1) Refuse to Approve any ANDA Referencing Lyrica That Contains an Isomeric Impurity Specification That Includes a “Not Less Than” Minimum Level or Otherwise Requires the Generic Product Covered by the ANDA to Contain an Isomeric Impurity.... 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act of 2009; Options for a User Fee Program for Biosimilar and Interchangeable Biological Product Applications for Fiscal Years 2013 through 2017; Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Take the Actions Described (1) Refuse to Approve any ANDA Referencing Lyrica That Contains an Isomeric Impurity Specification That Includes a “Not Less Than” Minimum Level or Otherwise Requires the Generic Product Covered by the ANDA to Contain an Isomeric Impurity....- CLOSED 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Patent Term Extension Application for Prevnar 13®, U.S. Patent No.5,614,382 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Applications for Food and Drug Administration Approval to Market a New Drug; Revision of Postmarketing Reporting Requirements--Discontinuance 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Draft Guidances Relating to the Development of Biosimilar Products; Public Hearing; Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Classification of Products as Drugs and Devices & Additional Product Classification Issues; Draft Guidance for Industry and FDA Staff 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Quality Considerations in Demonstrating Biosimilarity to a Reference Protein Product 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Clinical Trial Endpoints for the Approval of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Drugs and Biologics; Availability 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA International Conference on Harmonisation; Draft Guidance on Q11 Development and Manufacture of Drug Substances; Availability 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Pfizer Inc
- Toggle 11 FDA NADA/ANADA Notices 2011
- Toggle 10 FDA Determine That Pfizer's Antivert® Chewable Tablets 25 mg was not Discontinued for Safety and Efficacy Reason and re List InvaGen's Meclizine Hydrochloride Chewable Tablets, 25 mg 2011
- Toggle 9 CMS Exchanges Part II--Standards Related to Essential Health Benefits; Health Insurance Issuer and Exchange Responsibilities with Respect to Actuarial Value, Quality, and Accreditation CMS-9980-P 2012
- Toggle 9 FDA Take the Actions Described (1) Refuse to Approve any ANDA Referencing Lyrica That Contains an Isomeric Impurity Specification That Includes a “Not Less Than” Minimum Level or Otherwise Requires the Generic Product Covered by the ANDA to Contain an Isomeric Impurity.... 2012
- Toggle 7 FDA NADA/ANADA Notices 2012
- Toggle 7 FDA Advisory Committee, Workshops, and Conferences Notices Various Meeting Notices (eg., Task Force Meeting, etc.) 2011
- Toggle 6 CMS Medicare, Medicaid, Children's Health Insurance Programs; Transparency Reports and Reporting of Physician Ownership or Investment Interests (CMS-5060-P) 2011
- Toggle 6 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 5 FDA Advisory Committee, Workshops, and Conferences Notices Various Meeting Notices (eg., Task Force Meeting, etc.) 2012
- Toggle 5 FDA Establish Comprehensive, Clear and Binding Regulations to Guide The Industry Relating to New Uses of Marketed Drugs and Medical Devices 2011
Federal Spending12 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Pfizer Inc.||2012||Centers For Disease Control||PFIZER VFC 2011||$287,552,818|
|Pfizer Inc.||2011||Centers For Disease Control||VACCINE FOR CHILDREN 2011||$281,640,506|
|Pfizer Inc.||2012||Centers For Disease Control||VFC 2012||$272,238,691|
|Pfizer Inc.||2012||Centers For Disease Control||VFC 2012||$230,002,760|
|Pfizer Inc.||2012||Centers For Disease Control||VFC 2012||$140,041,787|
|Pfizer Inc.||2012||Centers For Disease Control||PFIZER VFC 2011||$131,240,596|
|Pfizer Inc.||2011||Centers For Disease Control||PFIZER VFC 2011||$111,038,414|
|Pfizer Inc.||2011||Centers For Disease Control||VACCINE FOR CHILDREN 2011||$103,135,727|
|Pfizer Inc.||2012||Centers For Disease Control||VFC 2012||$96,027,716|
|Pfizer Inc.||2011||Centers For Disease Control||PFIZER VFC 2011||$92,835,550|
Contractor Misconduct2 Instances
This information is collected by the Project On Government Oversight from press releases, court documents, news reports and other public records. It is not meant to be an exhaustive account of all instances of federal contractor misconduct.
More information on each instance, including primary source documents, is available on POGO's site by clicking on the instance description. More information on POGO's methodology is available here.
|Misconduct Type||Hired By||Incident||Year||Disposition||Penalty|
|Health||None||U.S. ex rel. Wetherholt and Drimer v. Pfizer (Illegal Marketing of Detrol)||2011||Settlement||$14,500,000|
|Health||None||Lipitor Webpage Misbranding||2011||Investigative Finding||$0|
Advisory Committees8 people on 10 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Pfizer Inc" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 5 people on 7 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of State 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle National Science Foundation 1 person on 1 committee