PepsiCo, Incorporated (NYSE: PEP) is a Fortune 500, American global corporation headquartered in Purchase, Harrison, New York, with interests in the manufacturing, marketing and distribution of grain-based snack foods, beverages, and other products. PepsiCo was formed in 1965 with the merger of the Pepsi-Cola Company and Frito-Lay, Inc. PepsiCo has since expanded from its namesake product Pepsi to a broader range of food and beverage brands, the largest of which include an acquisition of Tropicana in 1998 and a merger with Quaker Oats in 2001 - which added the Gatorade brand to its portfolio as well.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of PepsiCo Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount PepsiCo Inc $16,247,800 Alliance for American Advertising $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Food Industry,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Health Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 S.510 FDA Food Safety Modernization Act H.R.1260 Patent Reform Act of 2009 S.515 Patent Reform Act of 2009 S.3217 Private Fund Investment Advisers Registration Act of 2010 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.759 Food and Drug Administration Globalization Act of 2009 S.506 Stop Tax Haven Abuse Act H.R.1332 Safe FEAST Act of 2009 H.R.2749 Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 59 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "PepsiCo Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for PepsiCo Inc
- Toggle 1 ED State Fiscal Stabilization Fund -- Notice of Proposed Requirements, Definitions, and Approval Criteria 2009
- Toggle 1 USDA Task Force on Childhood Obesity 2010
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2009
- Toggle 1 NLRB Proposed Rules Governing Notification of Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for PepsiCo Inc
- Toggle 11 ITA Request for Public Comment on the Scope of Viewpoints Represented on the Industry Trade Advisory Committees 2010
- Toggle 10 USDA Task Force on Childhood Obesity 2010
- Toggle 4 FDA Front of Pack and Shelf Tag Nutrition Symbols; Establishment of Docket; Request for Comments and Information 2010
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Certification, Compliance, and Enforcement for Consumer Products and Commercial and Industrial Equipment 2010
- Toggle 2 NHTSA Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for New Medium and Heavy Duty Fuel Efficiency Improvement Program 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Guidance for Industry: Questions and Answers Regarding the Reportable Food Registry as Established by the Food and Drug Administration Amendments Act of 2007; Availability; Announcement of Further Delay in Implementation of the Food and Drug Administration Amendments Act of 2007 2009
- Toggle 2 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 2 OFCCP Affirmative Action and Nondiscrimination Obligations of Contractors and Subcontractors Regarding Individuals with Disabilities 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Revise Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) Affirmation Regulation for High Fructose Corn Syrup to Recognize "Corn Sugar" as an Alternate Common or Usual Name for High Fructose Corn Syrup-CLOSED 2010
- Toggle 2 EPA Protection of Stratospheric Ozone: Listing of Substitutes for Ozone-Depleting Substitutes - hydrocarbons and hydrocarbon blends 2009
Advisory Committees4 people on 4 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "PepsiCo Inc" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Administrative Conference of the United States 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee