Penn State University
The Pennsylvania State University (Penn State) is a multicampus state-related, land-grant, space-grant public research university with campuses and facilities throughout Pennsylvania, in the United States.
Campaign Finance$706,495 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Penn State University
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Penn State University $3,560,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Science & Technology,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Energy & Nuclear Power
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.365 Budget Control Act of 2011 H.R.2117 Protecting Academic Freedom in Higher Education Act H.R.2674 340B Program Improvement Act H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 S.1297 A bill to preserve State and institutional authority relating to State authorization and the definition of credit hour. H.R.3664 Healthcare Innovation Zone Pilot Act of 2009 S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 S.515 Patent Reform Act of 2009 H.R.1249 America Invents Act H.R.3221 Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 453 dockets; Submitted to 22 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Penn State University" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Penn State University
- Toggle 2 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 2 DOS 60–Day Notice of Proposed Information Collection: DS–5513, Biographical Questionnaire for U.S. Passport, 1405–XXXX 2011
- Toggle 1 ESA Request for Information on the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 2006
- Toggle 1 AMS Notice of Meeting of the National Organic Standards Board Unknown
- Toggle 1 Walking as a Way for Americans to get the Recommended Amount of Physical Activity for Health 2013
- Toggle 1 FDA Revise Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) Affirmation Regulation for High Fructose Corn Syrup to Recognize "Corn Sugar" as an Alternate Common or Usual Name for High Fructose Corn Syrup-CLOSED 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA New Animal Drugs; Cephalosporin Drugs; Extralabel Animal Drug Use; Order of Prohibition 2008
- Toggle 1 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 1 CSREES Recently Posted CSREES Rules and Notices. Unknown
- Toggle 1 APHIS Dow AgroSciences; Notice of Petition for a Determination of Nonregulated Status for Soybean Genetically Engineered for Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid and Glufosinate 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Penn State University
- Toggle 18 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitations Guidelines and Standards for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs). 2002
- Toggle 16 APHIS Dow AgroSciences LLC; Availability of Petition for Determination of Nonregulated Status for Herbicide Tolerant DAS-44406-6 Soybean 2012
- Toggle 14 EPA Effluent Limitation Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Construction and Development Category 2008
- Toggle 13 FDA Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption 2011
- Toggle 13 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Industrial/ Commercial, and Institutional Boilers and Process Heaters 2002
- Toggle 13 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009
- Toggle 10 EPA Control of Emissions From Nonroad Spark-Ignition Engines, Vessels, and Equipment 2004
- Toggle 10 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers 2004
- Toggle 9 EPA Control of Emissions from New Locomotive Engines and New Marine Compression-ignition Engines less than 30-liters per Cylinder 2003
- Toggle 9 FNS Nutrition Standards in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs 2007
Penn State University:
Medical Development -- Penn State Cancer Institute
|2008||$587,000||Penn State University: Milk Safety, PA|
|2008||$248,000||Penn State University: Agricultural Entrepreneurial Alternatives, PA|
Penn State University:
Center for Dairy Excellence, PA
Advisory Committees195 people on 91 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Penn State University" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 163 people on 67 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 18 people on 10 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 5 people on 5 committees
- Toggle National Aeronautics and Space Administration 2 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Department of Transportation 3 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 3 people on 3 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 1 person on 1 committee