Pearson Education is an international PreK-20 educational publishing and technology company providing textbooks and other educational material, such as multimedia learning tools. It was created in 1998 when Pearson purchased the education division of Simon & Schuster from Viacom and merged it with its own education division, Addison–Wesley Longman.
Campaign Finance$26,681 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Pearson Education
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Pearson Education $2,020,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Foreign Relations,
- Government Issues,
- Health Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.968 PIPA H.R.3261 Stop Online Piracy Act S.329 Safety From Sex Offenders Act of 2011 H.R.1864 Mobile Workforce State Income Tax Simplification Act of 2011 H.R.4040 Big Sur Forest Service Management Unit Act of 2009 H.R.5910 Global Investment in American Jobs Act of 2012 H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.3274 Global Investment in American Jobs Act of 2012 S.3804 Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act
RegulationsMentioned in 11 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Pearson Education" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Pearson Education
- Toggle 4 NHTSA Environmental Impact Statement for Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)Standards, Model Years 2017-2025 2011
- Toggle 3 NOAA 90 Day Petition to list the Saltmarsh Topminnow under the Endangered Species Act 2011
- Toggle 2 OFCCP Non-Discrimination in Compensation; Compensation Data Collection Tool 2011
- Toggle 1 CFPB Integrated Mortgage Disclosures under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X) and the Truth In Lending Act (Regulation Z) 2012
- Toggle 1 Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 1 ED Request for Information on Strategies for Improving Outcomes for Disconnected Youth 2012
- Toggle 1 EPA None Unknown
- Toggle 1 HUD FR–5572–N–01 Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Risk Management Initiatives: Revised Seller Concessions 2012
- Toggle 1 DOT Order Soliciting Small Community Grant Proposals 2011
- Toggle 1 Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Maize Genetically Engineered for Herbicide Tolerance 2012
Federal Spending1 contract
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Pearson Education Inc||2012||EMT TEXT BOOKS ISBN: 0132795809||$1,082,300|