Patton Boggs LLP
Patton Boggs is a full service law firm headquartered in Washington, D.C. It has more than 600 lawyers and professionals in nine locations in the United States and the Middle East. Patton Boggs specializes in litigation, public policy, business, intellectual property, international and trade law with over 200 international clients from over 70 countries. In addition to the firm's Washington, D.C. headquarters, it maintains offices in New York City, Newark, Anchorage, Dallas, Denver, Northern Virginia, Doha, Qatar and Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationfederal data covers roughly through Q2 2014
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Republican National Cmte Mark D. Cowan $114,500
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Patton Boggs LLP
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Depository Trust & Clearing Corp $2,020,000 Wholesale Markets Brokers Assn Americas $1,910,000 Kidney Care Partners $1,670,000 Mars Inc $1,630,000 Ranbaxy Inc $1,420,000 Plains Exploration & Production $1,200,000 Nissan North America $1,200,000 General Electric $1,200,000 Assured Guaranty $1,110,000 Goldman Sachs $1,100,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Urban Development,
- Homeland Security,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1813 MAP-21 H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 S.223 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.4348 Transportation Research and Innovative Technology Act of 2012 H.R.607 Broadband for First Responders Act of 2011 S.28 Public Safety Spectrum and Wireless Innovation Act H.R.2017 Continuing Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.436 Protect Medical Innovation Act of 2011
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary Nov. 19, 2014 Cleveland Maritime Group Recapitalization of the Navy Oiler Fleet. View registration Nov. 4, 2014 Securiport LLC FY2014 and FY2015 funding, including all provisions regarding Ebola-related foreign assistance; issues related to US government support for deployment of Ebola related technology in West Africa. View registration Oct. 20, 2014 Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. Investigational New Drug (IND) designation View registration Oct. 13, 2014 The Forge Company S.2260 (EXPIRE Act of 2014) - tax extender legislation View registration Oct. 13, 2014 Ethan Allen Interiors Inc. Issues related to international and government sales. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 39 dockets; Submitted to 10 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Patton Boggs LLP" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Patton Boggs LLP
- Toggle 7 USTR Generalized System of Preferences (GSP): Notice of Initiation of the 2012 Annual GSP Product and Country Practices Review; Deadlines for Filing Petitions 2012
- Toggle 1 IRS Information Reporting by Foreign Financial Institutions and Withholding on Certain Payments, etc. 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR Annual Review of Country Eligibility for Benefits Under the African Growth and Opportunity Act 2012
- Toggle 1 FDA Amend Established Reference Amount Customarily Consumed per Eating Occasion ("RACC") for Yogurt 2011
- Toggle 1 IRS Application of the Segregation Rules to Small Shareholders 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Refrain From Approving Investigational Radioactive Sentinel Lymph Node Detection Agents Without Accompanying Data From Successful Controlled Trials of Such Agents 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry; Dietary Supplements: New Dietary Ingredient Notifications and Related Issues 2011
- Toggle 1 CFPB Defining Larger Participants in Certain Consumer Financial Products and Services Markets 2011
- Toggle 1 MSHA Proposed Rule on Pattern of Violations 2011
- Toggle 1 FAA Arcadia Aviation - Exemption/Rulemaking 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Patton Boggs LLP
- Toggle 10 USTR Generalized System of Preferences (GSP): Notice of Initiation of the 2012 Annual GSP Product and Country Practices Review; Deadlines for Filing Petitions 2012
- Toggle 3 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry; Dietary Supplements: New Dietary Ingredient Notifications and Related Issues 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA Amend Established Reference Amount Customarily Consumed per Eating Occasion ("RACC") for Yogurt 2011
- Toggle 2 DOT Concesionaria Vuela Compania de Aviacion, S.A.P.I. de C.V. d/b/a Volaris - Exemption - Mexico-U.S. Routes 2011
- Toggle 2 OSHA Establishment of the Whistleblower Protection Advisory Committee (WPAC) 2012
- Toggle 2 DOE Assistance to Foreign Atomic Energy Activities 2011
- Toggle 2 DOT JetBlue Airways Corporation - Statement of Authorization - Code-Sharing 2012
- Toggle 2 FAA Notice of Proposed Modification to the June 1, 2006 MOA FAA/Subscriber Memorandum of Agreement for ASDI/NASSI Industry Access and Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT Republic Airline Inc. - Statement of Authorization - Asiana and Copa Code Share 2012
- Toggle 1 CPSC Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Generic Clearance for the Collection of Qualitative Feedback on Agency Service Delivery 2011
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Patton Boggs LLP" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee