Patton Boggs LLP
Patton Boggs is a full service law firm headquartered in Washington, D.C. It has more than 600 lawyers and professionals in nine locations in the United States and the Middle East. Patton Boggs specializes in litigation, public policy, business, intellectual property, international and trade law with over 200 international clients from over 70 countries. In addition to the firm's Washington, D.C. headquarters, it maintains offices in New York City, Newark, Anchorage, Dallas, Denver, Northern Virginia, Doha, Qatar and Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Campaign Finance$10,022,967 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Republican National Cmte Mark D. Cowan $114,500 Earl Pomeroy John Jonas $32,000 Michael F. Bennet Piper Su $19,000
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Patton Boggs LLP
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Mars Inc $22,230,000 Association of Trial Lawyers of America $8,380,000 Kidney Care Partners $8,120,000 Hoffmann-La Roche $6,075,000 American Assn for Justice $5,900,000 American Medical Rehab Providers Assn $5,430,000 Cerberus Capital Management $4,990,000 Bristol-Myers Squibb $4,890,000 Depository Trust & Clearing Corp $4,380,000 Wholesale Markets Brokers Assn Americas $4,320,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Homeland Security,
- Urban Development,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3590 Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009 H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act H.R.4872 Health Care and Education Affordability Reconciliation Act of 2010 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.3200 America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 S.1813 MAP-21 S.1619 Livable Communities Act of 2009 H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 S.223 FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary June 21, 2014 Southwest Housing Compliance Corporation, LLC Issues regarding THUD appropriationsfor FY15 View registration June 21, 2014 Monroe County, FL Issues regarding FY15 appropriations, WRDA legislation, the RESTORE Act, land use issues, NFIP and related issues. View registration June 21, 2014 Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida Issues related to higher education, grant and research opportunities. View registration June 21, 2014 Lennar Ventures, LLC Issues related to home energy efficiency standards, including the use of solar panels on homes View registration June 21, 2014 The University of Miami Issues related to higher education, federal grant programs, health care related visas, 340B program, ICD-10 and the implementation of the Affordable Care Act. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 295 dockets; Submitted to 85 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Patton Boggs LLP" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Patton Boggs LLP
- Toggle 22 DOT Primaris Airlines, Inc. - Certificate - Foreign Scheduled Air Transportation 2003
- Toggle 21 DOT Primaris Airlines, Inc. - Certificate - Interstate Scheduled Air Transportation 2003
- Toggle 19 OSHA HAZARD COMMUNICATION 2006
- Toggle 10 DOT United Air Lines, Inc. and Asiana Airlines, Inc. - Approval of and Antitrust Immunity for Alliance Agreements 2003
- Toggle 7 FDA Regulation of Tobacco Products; Request for Comments 2009
- Toggle 7 USTR Generalized System of Preferences (GSP): Notice of Initiation of the 2012 Annual GSP Product and Country Practices Review; Deadlines for Filing Petitions 2012
- Toggle 7 FDA Health-Care Antiseptic Drug Products for Over-the-Counter (OTC) Human Use 1975
- Toggle 6 DOT United Airlines, Inc. and Asiana Airlines - Statements of Authorization - U.S.-Korea Code-Sharing 2002
- Toggle 6 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (Within-Perimeter Exemptions, i.e., Service to Another Airport 1,250 Miles Away or Less From Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
- Toggle 6 FAA Exemption/Rulemaking - Arrow Air, Inc. d/b/a Arrow Cargo 2005
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Patton Boggs LLP
- Toggle 36 DOT Special rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
- Toggle 33 DOT Primaris Airlines, Inc. - Certificate - Foreign Scheduled Air Transportation 2003
- Toggle 32 DOT Primaris Airlines, Inc. - Certificate - Interstate Scheduled Air Transportation 2003
- Toggle 27 EPA Preliminary Administrative Determination Document on the Question of Whether Ferric Ferrocyanide Is One of the "Cyanides" Within the Meaning of the List of Toxic Pollutants Under the Clean Water Act. 2002
- Toggle 25 FDA Civil Money Penalty Re: LaHaye Ctr.for Advanced Eye Care 2002
- Toggle 23 OSHA HAZARD COMMUNICATION 2006
- Toggle 20 PHMSA US DOT/RSPA - Interim Final Rule - Hazardous Materials: Cargo Tank Motor Vehicles in Liquified Compressed Gas Service 1997
- Toggle 15 DOT IATA - Approval of Agreements - Liability Limitations of the Warsaw Convention 1995
- Toggle 15 DOT Air Transport Association of America - Agreement Relating to Liability Limitations of the Warsaw Convention (9-A) 1996
- Toggle 13 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (Within-Perimeter Exemptions, i.e., Service to Another Airport 1,250 Miles Away or Less From Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
Federal Spending1 contract
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Patton Boggs Llp||2000||Federal Acquisition Service||$1,000,000|
Advisory Committees11 people on 13 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Patton Boggs LLP" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 4 people on 4 committees
- Toggle Department of State 2 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Commerce 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Energy 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Antitrust Modernization Commission 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 1 person on 1 committee