Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Assn
Campaign Finance$1,740,356 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Assn $8,551,886
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Trucking & Shipping,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Health Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1618 Safe Highways and Infrastructure Preservation Act H.R.2156 Jason's Law S.779 Safe Highways and Infrastructure Preservation Act H.R.1071 Keeping America's Freeways Free Act H.R.1083 Business Activity Tax Simplification Act of 2009 H.R.1733 Passport Fee Relief Act of 2009 S.884 Transportation Equity for All Americans Act S.885 Transportation Access for All Americans Act S.845 Respecting States Rights and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2009 H.R.756 To direct the Secretary of Transportation to prescribe standards for the maximum number of hours that an operator of a commercial motor vehicle may be reasonably detained by a shipper or receiver, and for other purposes.
RegulationsMentioned in 177 dockets; Submitted to 67 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Assn
- Toggle 14 FMCSA Pilot Program on NAFTA Long-Haul Trucking Provisions 2011
- Toggle 3 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers 2004
- Toggle 3 FMCSA Demonstration Project on NAFTA Trucking Provisions 2007
- Toggle 3 PHMSA Safeguarding Food From Contamination During Transportation 1991
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Unified Registration System 1997
- Toggle 2 FMCSA New Entrance Safety Assurance Process 2001
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Driver and Carrier Surveys Related to Electronic On Board Recorders - Information Collection 2012
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Patterns of Safety Violations by Motor Carrier Management 2011
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Brokers of Household Goods 2004
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Railroad-Highway Grade Crossing; Safe Clearance; Public Meeting 2006
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Assn
- Toggle 40 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers 2004
- Toggle 28 FMCSA Pilot Program on NAFTA Long-Haul Trucking Provisions 2011
- Toggle 25 FMCSA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) - Hours of Service of Drivers 1997
- Toggle 11 FMCSA Electronic On-Board Recorders Broader Including Hours of Service of Drivers; Supporting Documents 2010
- Toggle 8 NHTSA Heavy Truck Speed Limiting Devices 2007
- Toggle 8 FMCSA Minimum Training Requirements for Entry-Level Commercial Motor Vehicle Operators 2007
- Toggle 7 FMCSA Unified Registration System 1997
- Toggle 6 FMCSA Commercial Driver's License Testing and Commercial Learner's Permit Standards 2007
- Toggle 6 FMCSA Demonstration Project on NAFTA Trucking Provisions 2007
- Toggle 5 FHWA Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Parts and Accessories Necessary for Safe Operation; Lighting Devices, Reflectors, and Electrical Equipment 1997