Owens-Illinois Inc. (NYSE: OI) is a Fortune 500 company that specializes in container glass products. It is one of the world's leading manufacturers of packaging products, holding the position of largest manufacturer of glass containers in North America, South America, Asia-Pacific and Europe (after acquiring BSN Glasspack in 2004 ). Approximately one of every two glass containers made worldwide is made by O-I, its affiliates, or its licensees.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Owens-Illinois
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Owens-Illinois $1,990,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Environment & Superfund,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Hazardous & Solid Waste
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4238 Bottle Recycling Climate Protection Act of 2007 S.722 Walnut Canyon Study Act of 2007 S.772 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2007 S.3036 Lieberman-Warner Climate Security Act of 2008 H.R.3221 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2008 H.R.6899 Comprehensive American Energy Security and Consumer Protection Act H.R.6903 Bruce Vento Ban Asbestos and Prevent Mesothelioma Act of 2008 H.R.7146 Carbon Leakage Prevention Act S.2191 America's Climate Security Act of 2007 S.3268 Stop Excessive Energy Speculation Act of 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 15 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Owens-Illinois" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Owens-Illinois
- Toggle 3 ESA Family and Medical Leave Act Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 29 CFR Part 825 2008
- Toggle 2 ETA Trade Adjustment Act Notices September 22, 2006 to November 30, 2006 2007
- Toggle 2 WHD To view comments on Family and Medical Leave Act Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 29 CFR Part 825, see Docket ESA-2008-0001 2008
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Efficiency Program for Consumer Products: Public Meeting and the Availability of the Framework Document for Fluorescent Lamp Ballasts 2007
- Toggle 1 EPA State Implementation Plan Revision Regarding Attainment of the 8-Hour Ozone Standard in Connecticut. 2008
- Toggle 1 EPA Area Designations for the 2006 24-Hour PM 2.5 National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) 2007
- Toggle 1 EPA Air Quality Designations and Classifications for the 2008 Ozone Standards 2008
- Toggle 1 EPA Waste Energy Recovery Registry 2008
- Toggle 1 EPA Effluent Limitation Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Construction and Development Category 2008
- Toggle 1 EPA Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting 2008
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.