Outback Steakhouse is an American casual dining restaurant chain based in Tampa, Florida with over 1200 locations in 22 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. It was founded in February 1988 in Tampa by Bob Basham, Chris T. Sullivan, Trudy Cooper and Tim Gannon, and is now owned and operated in the United States by OSI Restaurant Partners, and by other franchise and venture agreements internationally.
Campaign Finance$6,684,299 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount National Republican Senatorial Cmte Khalil G. Saliba $30,000
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Outback Steakhouse
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Outback Steakhouse $0
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Food Industry,
- Health Issues,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.920 Multiple Peril Insurance Act of 2007 S.419 S.1033 Great Cats and Rare Canids Act of 2007 S.1438 Railroad Crossing and Hazardous Materials Transport Safety Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 19 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Outback Steakhouse" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Outback Steakhouse
- Toggle 5 WHD Updating Regulations Issued Under the Fair Labor Standards Act 2008
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedures for Commercial Walk In Coolers and Freezers 2008
- Toggle 2 FDA Food Labeling; Nutrition Labeling of Standard Menu Items in Restaurants and Similar Retail Food Establishments 2011
- Toggle 2 DOT U.S. DOT/OST - Notice - U.S.-China Service Opportunities 1999
- Toggle 2 EPA Effluent Limitation Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Construction and Development Category 2008
- Toggle 1 DOT 97-9-31 Order Tentatively Reselecting Carrier and Establishing Subsidy Rate re: Essential Air Service at Harrison, Hot Springs, El Dorado/Camden, Jonesboro, Arkansas 1997
- Toggle 1 OCC Community Reinvestment Act Regulation Hearings 2010
- Toggle 1 EPA State of Tennessee; Underground Injection Control (UIC) Program Primacy 2011
- Toggle 1 FHWA Morris K. Udall Scholarship and Excellence in National Environmental Policy Foundation 2006
- Toggle 1 NHTSA General Motors (GM) Settlement Regarding DOT'S Settle Agreement with General Motors (GM) 1998