Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP is an international law firm founded in San Francisco. Orrick traces its roots back to 1863, making it the oldest continuously-operating law firm in San Francisco, and the second-oldest privately-held company in San Francisco after Levi Strauss & Co.. Orrick is currently headed by Chairman Ralph Baxter, an employment lawyer originally from West Virginia.
Campaign Finance$3,307,820 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Latin America Business Council Honduras $210,000 Cmte for a Level Playing Field $200,000 Longs Drugs Stores $160,000 Dow Chemical $100,000 RBC Capital Markets $100,000 Finasi SPA $80,000 Whole Foods Market $62,295 KSR Industrial Corp $40,000 American Public Power Assn $30,000 Broken Hill Proprietary $15,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Chemical Industry,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Automotive Industry,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2862 Science, State, Justice, Commerce, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2006 H.R.3199 USA PATRIOT and Terrorism Prevention Reauthorization Act of 2005 S.103 Combat Meth Act of 2005
RegulationsMentioned in 10 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe
- Toggle 2 ATBCB Proposed Accessibility Guidelines for Pedestrian Facilities in the Public Right-of-Way 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Amendments to Regulation SHO and Rule 10a-1 2006
- Toggle 1 SEC Amendments to Regulation SHO 2009
- Toggle 1 FCC Notice of Suspension and Initiation of Debarment Proceedings; Schools and Libraries Universal Service Support Mechanism 2008
- Toggle 1 FDA Not delist U.S. patent 4,879,303 (the 303 patent) for Norvasc amlodipine besylate product 2007
- Toggle 1 FCC Notice of Debarment; Schools and Libraries Universal Service Support Mechanism 2008
- Toggle 1 SEC Amendments to Regulation SHO 2010
- Toggle 1 HUD Credit Risk Retention 2011
- Toggle 1 EBSA Notice of Proposed Amendment to Prohibited Transaction Exemption 2007–05, 72 FR 13130 (March 20, 2007), Involving Prudential Securities Incorporated, et al., To Amend the Definition of ‘‘Rating Agency’’ [Application No. D–11718] 2013
- Toggle 1 VA AM62 - Accreditation of Agents and Attorneys; Agent and Attorney Fees 2007
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 1 person on 1 committee