Organic Trade Assn
The Organic Trade Association (OTA) is a membership-based business association that focuses on the organic business community in North America. OTA's mission is to promote ethical consumerism, promoting and protecting the growth of organic trade to benefit the environment, farmers, the public and the economy. OTA is a member of The International Federation of Organic Agricultural Movements (IFOAM)
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Organic Trade Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Organic Trade Assn $446,088
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Food Industry
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.3240 Farm bill H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.3062 Dairy Security Act of 2011 H.R.6083 Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2012 H.R.1473 Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 31 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Organic Trade Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Organic Trade Assn
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Mexico’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Canada’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Japan’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Organic Trade Assn
- Toggle 9 FDA Current Good Manufacturing Practice and Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls For Human Food 2011
- Toggle 6 FDA Standards for the Growing, Harvesting, Packing and Holding of Produce for Human Consumption 2011
- Toggle 5 APHIS Dow AgroSciences; Notice of Petition for a Determination of Nonregulated Status for Soybean Genetically Engineered for Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid and Glufosinate 2012
- Toggle 4 APHIS Syngenta Inc.; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status for Corn Genetically Engineered for Resistance to Corn Rootworm 2012
- Toggle 3 FDA Petition Seeking Mandatory Labeling for Genetically Engineered Foods 2011
- Toggle 3 APHIS Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Maize Genetically Engineered for Herbicide Tolerance 2012
- Toggle 3 APHIS Bayer CropScience; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Soybean Genetically Engineered to Tolerate the Herbicides Glyphosate and Isoxaflutole 2012
- Toggle 3 APHIS Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.; Availability of Petition for Determination of Nonregulated Status for Herbicide-Tolerant 73496 Canola 2012
- Toggle 2 FDA Food Labeling; Calorie Labeling of Articles of Food in Vending Machines 2011
- Toggle 2 APHIS Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc.; Availabillity of Petition for Determination of Nonregulated Status for ArcticTM Apple Events GD743 and GS784 2012