Oregon Health & Science University
Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) is a public university in Oregon with a main campus, including two hospitals, in Portland and a smaller campus in Hillsboro. It was formed in 1974 as the University of Oregon Health Sciences Center, combining state dentistry, medicine, and nursing programs into a single center.
Campaign Finance$898,902 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Oregon Health & Science University
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Oregon Health & Science University $3,406,076
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Science & Technology
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.4851 Continuing Extension Act of 2010 H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act H.R.444 340B Program Improvement and Integrity Act of 2009 H.R.1260 Patent Reform Act of 2009 S.515 Patent Reform Act of 2009 S.1239 340B Program Improvement and Integrity Act of 2009 H.R.1326 Great Ape Protection Act of 2009 H.R.1513 Great Ape Protection and Cost Savings Act of 2011 S.810 Great Ape Protection and Cost Savings Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 63 dockets; Submitted to 15 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Oregon Health & Science University" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Oregon Health & Science University
- Toggle 3 CDC Recommendations for the Identification of Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Chronic Infection 2012
- Toggle 2 NIFA AFRI Stakeholder 2010 2010
- Toggle 2 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 2 HHS Proposed Data Collection Standards for Race, Ethnicity, Primary Language, Sex, and Disability Status Required by Section 4302 of the Affordable Care Act 2011
- Toggle 1 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB Request for Information Regarding an Initiative To Promote Student Loan Affordability 2013
- Toggle 1 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Medical Devices: Neurological Devices; Electroconvulsive Therapy Device; Establishing a Public Docket 2009
- Toggle 1 USCG Regulated Navigation Areas; Bars Along the Coasts of Oregon and Washington 2008
- Toggle 1 HHS Modifications to the HIPAA Privacy, Security, and Enforcement Rules Under the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act; Proposed Rule 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Oregon Health & Science University
- Toggle 6 FDA Food Labeling: Revision of Reference Values and Mandatory Nutrients; Extension of Comment Period 2008
- Toggle 4 FDA Public Disclosure Materials for Emergency Research Studies Conducted under 21 CFR 50.24 1995
- Toggle 4 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry on Frequently Asked Questions About Medical Foods; Second Edition; Availability 2013
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule, DME Face-to-Face Encounters, Elimination of the Requirement for Termination of Non-Random Prepayment Complex Medical Review and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2013 (CMS-1590-P) 2012
- Toggle 2 EPA Effluent Limitations Guidelines, Pretreatment Standards, and New Source Performance Standards for the Metal Products and Machinery Point Source Category. 2002
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2009; and Revisions to the Amendment of the E Prescribing Exemption for Computer Generated Facsimile Transmissions 2008
- Toggle 2 FDA Regulation or Guideline to Label Medical Devices that Leach DEHP Plasticizers 2007
- Toggle 2 HHS Rescission of the Regulation entitled "Ensuring That Department of Health and Human Services Funds Do Not Support Coercive or Discriminatory Policies or Practices in Violation of Federal Law"; Proposal 2009
- Toggle 2 FDA Guidance for Institutional Review Boards, Clinical Investigators, and Sponsors; Exception from Informed Consent Requirements for Emergency Research 2006
- Toggle 2 EPA Human Testing; Proposed Plan and Description of Review Process. 2003
|2010||$200,000||Oregon Health & Science University: Multidisciplinary Institute for Neuropsychiatric Diagnosis|
|2009||$200,000||Oregon Health & Science University: Oregon Health And Science University Multidisciplinary Institute for Neuropsychiatric Diagnosis|
Federal Spending248 grants; 2 contracts; 3 loans
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|Oregon Health & Science University||2009||National Institutes Of Health||BIOMEDICAL (APPLIED/EXPLORATORY)||$9,999,958|
|Oregon Health & Science University||2008||National Institutes Of Health||OREGON CLINICAL AND TRANSLATIONAL SCIENCE INSTITUTE||$9,972,230|
|Oregon Health & Science University||2003||National Institutes Of Health||$9,822,816|
|Oregon Health & Science University||2002||National Institutes Of Health||$9,261,881|
|Oregon Health & Science University||2001||National Institutes Of Health||$9,250,596|
|Oregon Health & Science University||2009||National Institutes Of Health||PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGIONAL CENTER OF EXCELLENCE (PNWRCE)||$8,218,696|
|Oregon Health & Science University||2013||Education, Department Of||2013-2014 DL BASE RECORD||$8,126,525|
|Oregon Health & Science University||2010||National Institutes Of Health||PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGIONAL CENTER OF EXCELLENCE (PNWRCE)||$8,033,788|
|Oregon Health & Science University||2006||National Institutes Of Health||$8,002,784|
|Oregon Health & Science University||2012||National Institutes Of Health||PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGIONAL CENTER OF EXCELLENCE (PNWRCE)||$7,798,614|
Advisory Committees43 people on 30 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "Oregon Health & Science University" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 22 people on 17 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 19 people on 11 committees
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Veterans Affairs 1 person on 1 committee