Options Clearing Corp
The Options Clearing Corporation (OCC), founded in 1973, is (as of 2010) the world's largest derivatives clearing organization, providing central counterparty (CCP) clearing and settlement services to 14 exchanges and platforms for options, financial and commodity futures, security futures and securities lending transactions. By acting as guarantor, OCC ensures that the obligations of the contracts they clear are fulfilled.
Campaign Finance$272,250 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Options Clearing Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Options Clearing Corp $6,779,179
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Homeland Security,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.977 Derivatives Markets Transparency and Accountability Act of 2009 H.R.1068 Let Wall Street Pay for Wall Street's Bailout Act of 2009 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.2419 Farm Bill Extension Act of 2007 H.R.4626 CFTC Reauthorization Act of 2007 S.1566 Commodity Exchange Reauthorization Act of 2005 H.R.6513 Securities Act of 2008 H.R.1 Implementing the 9/11 Commission Recommendations Act of 2007 H.R.2834 H.R.4473 CFTC Reauthorization Act of 2005
RegulationsMentioned in 1337 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Options Clearing Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Options Clearing Corp
- Toggle 1 FSOC Authority To Designate Financial Market Utilities as Systemically Important 2011
- Toggle 1 IRS Dividend Equivalents from Sources within the United States 2012
- Toggle 1 TREAS Review by the Treasury Department of the Regulatory Structure Associated with Financial Institutions 2007
- Toggle 1 IRS Basis Reporting by Securities Brokers and Basis Determination for Debt Instruments and Options 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Options Clearing Corp
- Toggle 4 IRS Dividend Equivalents from Sources within the United States 2012
- Toggle 2 DOS National Security Information Regulations Unknown
- Toggle 2 TREAS Review by the Treasury Department of the Regulatory Structure Associated with Financial Institutions 2007
- Toggle 2 IRS Basis Reporting by Securities Brokers and Basis Determination for Debt Instruments and Options 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: NYSE Arca, Inc. 2008
- Toggle 1 SEC Orders Granting Conditional Exemptions under Securities Exchange Act of 1934: Portfolio Margining of Swaps and Security-Based Swaps 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: Boston Stock Exchange, Inc 2008
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: Chicago Board Options Exchange, Inc. 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: Chicago Board Options Exchange, Inc. 2008
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: Philadelphia Stock Exchange, Inc. 2008