Omnicare (NYSE: OCR) is a Fortune 500 company based in Covington, Kentucky. Omnicare functions primarily as a provider of pharmaceuticals, related consulting and data management services. As of December 31, 2009 the company provided its pharmacy services to skilled nursing, assisted living, and other healthcare facilities comprising approximately 1.4 million beds in 47 U.S. states, the District of Columbia and Canada. Omnicare’s contract research organization provides product development and research services for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, nutraceutical, medical devices and diagnostic industries in 31 countries worldwide. Names John Figueroa chief executive officer, board member
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Omnicare Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Omnicare Inc $908,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Medicare & Medicaid
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1560 Nursing Home Resident Pain Relief Act of 2011 H.R.4215 Medicare Pharmacy Transparency and Fair Auditing Act S.1699 Prescription Drug Cost Reduction Act
RegulationsMentioned in 8 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Omnicare Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Omnicare Inc
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Omnicare Inc
- Toggle 3 CMS Reporting and Returning of Overpayments 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicare Program; Proposed Changes to the Medicare Advantage and the Medicare Prescription Drug Benefit Programs for Contract Year 2013 and Other Proposed Changes; Considering Changes to the Conditions of Participation for Long Term Care Facilities 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicaid Program; Covered Outpatient Drugs (CMS-2345-P) 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: International Securities Exchange, LLC 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: NYSE Arca, Inc. 2011
- Toggle 1 CMS Medicare and Medicaid Programs; Opportunities for Alignment under Medicaid and Medicare (CMS-5507-NC) 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: NYSE Amex LLC 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: NASDAQ OMX BX 2011