O'Melveny & Myers
O’Melveny & Myers LLP is an international law firm founded in Los Angeles, California. The firm is the 19th largest law firm in the world and lauded by Vault as one of America’s top twenty most prestigious law firms.
Campaign Finance$4,602,634 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of O'Melveny & Myers
RegulationsMentioned in 836 dockets; Submitted to 60 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "O'Melveny & Myers" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for O'Melveny & Myers
- Toggle 15 DOT Special Rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (Within-Perimeter Exemptions, i.e., Service to Another Airport 1,250 Miles Away or Less From Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
- Toggle 11 DOT Omega Air Holdings, LLC, d/b/a Omega Air Cargo - Certificate - Foreign Charter All-Cargo Operations 2004
- Toggle 9 DOT ABX Air, Inc. - Notice Requesting Comments on Procedures - Change in Ownership 2003
- Toggle 9 DOT Omega Air Holdings, LLC, d/b/a Omega Air Cargo - Certificate - Interstate Scheduled and Charter Transportation 2004
- Toggle 6 FAA Petition for Waiver of the Terms of the Order Limiting Scheduled Operations at LaGuardia Airport 2010
- Toggle 5 DOT USAir, Inc. - Motion for Confidential Treatment - Schedule B-7 of Form 41 1996
- Toggle 4 DOT US Airways, Inc. - Exemption - Fort Lauderdale-Bermuda 2003
- Toggle 3 DOT Paradise island Airlines, Inc. and Potomac Air, Inc. - Transfer of Commuter Air Carrier Authority/Notice of Intent to Resume Operation Under Section 204.7 2000
- Toggle 3 DOT Air Carrier Association of America - Petition to Withdraw and Reallocate America West and US Airways Slots 2005
- Toggle 3 DOT Special rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for O'Melveny & Myers
- Toggle 88 DOT American Airlines, Inc. and British Airways PLC - Antitrust Immunity Agreement 2001
- Toggle 76 DOT American Airlines, Inc. and British Airways Plc - Exemption/Blanket Codesharing/Statements of Authorizations 2001
- Toggle 60 DOT U.S. - U.K. Alliance Case 2001
- Toggle 42 DOT Special rules for Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (beyond-perimeter exemptions, i.e., service to another airport more than 1,250 miles away from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) 2000
- Toggle 35 DOT U.S. DOT/OST - Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Computer Reservation System (CRS) Regulations (Part 255) 1997
- Toggle 33 DOT United Airlines and Scandinavian Airlines System - Statement of Authorization/Renewal - U.S.-Scandinavia 1999
- Toggle 31 DOT Association of Retail Travel Agents - Emergency Petition for Rulemaking 1998
- Toggle 31 DOT America West Airlines, Inc. - Petition for Rulemaking - Amendment of Part 255 1997
- Toggle 31 DOT Interim slot rules at LaGuardia Airport (exemptions for new entrant and limited incumbent air carriers). 2000
- Toggle 30 DOT Interim slot rules at LaGuardia Airport (exemptions for air service to small and nonhub airports -- limited to aircraft with a seating capacity of less than 71) 2000
Advisory Committees6 people on 6 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "O'Melveny & Myers" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Office of the United States Trade Representative 2 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Administrative Conference of the United States 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Defense 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Justice 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of the Treasury 1 person on 1 committee