Oceana is the largest international ocean conservation and advocacy organization. Oceana works to protect and restore the world’s oceans through targeted policy campaigns.
Campaign Finance$7,700 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Oceana
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Oceana $326,066
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
- Natural Resources
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.2 Middle Class Success Act H.R.2304 Fishery Science Improvement Act of 2011 S.50 Commercial Seafood Consumer Protection Act S.52 International Fisheries Stewardship and Enforcement Act S.214 Big Oil Bailout Prevention Unlimited Liability Act of 2011 S.1397 Incentivizing Offshore Wind Power Act S.1980 Pirate Fishing Elimination Act H.R.501 Implementing the Recommendations of the BP Oil Spill Commission Act of 2011 H.R.574 To prohibit the Secretary of the Interior and the Secretary of Commerce from authorizing commercial finfish aquaculture operations in the Exclusive Economic Zone except in accordance with a law authorizing such action. S.203 Responsible Arctic Energy Development Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 188 dockets; Submitted to 55 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Oceana" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Oceana
- Toggle 3 NOAA Endangered and Threatened Species, Designation of Critical Habitat for Southern Distinct Population Segment of Eulachon 2011
- Toggle 2 NOAA Revision of the National Standard 1 Guidelines 2012
- Toggle 2 NOAA Endangered and Threatened Species; Take of Sea Turtles 2011
- Toggle 2 NOAA Confidentiality of Information; Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Reauthorization Act 2012
- Toggle 2 NOAA Rule to Require Mandatory Use of Turtle Excluder Devices (TEDs) in Skimmer Trawls, Pusher-Head Trawls, and Wing Nets (Butterfly Trawls) 2012
- Toggle 2 NOAA Proposed Rule to Implement the 2010 International Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas (ICCAT) Shark Recommendations 2011
- Toggle 2 NOAA Notice; receipt of application for a permit to import marine mammals for public display purposes (File No. 17324) 2012
- Toggle 2 NOAA Atlantic Highly Migratory Species, Bluefin Tuna Management; Amendment 7 2012
- Toggle 2 NOAA Highly Migratory Species; Atlantic Shark Management Measures 2012
- Toggle 1 NOAA Fisheries Off West Coast States; Coastal Pelagic Species Fisheries; Amendment 13 to the Coastal Pelagic Species Fishery Management Plan; Annual Catch Limits 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Oceana
- Toggle 10 NOAA Endangered and Threatened Wildlife; 90-day Finding on Petitions to List the Northeastern Pacific Ocean Distinct Population Segment of Great White Shark as Threatened or Endangered Under the Endangered Species Act 2012
- Toggle 9 NOAA Rule to Require Mandatory Use of Turtle Excluder Devices (TEDs) in Skimmer Trawls, Pusher-Head Trawls, and Wing Nets (Butterfly Trawls) 2012
- Toggle 7 NOAA Revision of the National Standard 1 Guidelines 2012
- Toggle 6 FWS Request for Information and Recommendations on Resolutions, Decisions, and Agenda Items for Consideration at the Sixteenth Regular Meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora 2011
- Toggle 6 NOAA Confidentiality of Information; Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Reauthorization Act 2012
- Toggle 5 BOEM Request for comments on the Proposed 2012-2017 Oil and Gas Leasing Program 2011
- Toggle 5 NOAA Atlantic Highly Migratory Species, Bluefin Tuna Management; Amendment 7 2012
- Toggle 4 NOAA Listing Endangered and Threatened Species: Notification of a Finding on a Petition to Delist the green turtle in Hawaii under the Endangered Species Act 2012
- Toggle 4 FWS 2012–13 Migratory Game Bird Hunting Regulations (Preliminary) With Requests for Indian Tribal Proposals and Requests for 2014 Spring and Summer Migratory Bird Subsistence Harvest Proposals in Alaska 2012
- Toggle 4 FWS Revise Critical Habitat for the Leatherback Sea Turtle 2011
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.