The Ocean Conservancy (founded as The Center for Environmental Education ) is a nonprofit advocacy group based in Washington, D.C., United States.
Campaign Finance$2,833 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Ocean Conservancy
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Ocean Conservancy $793,200
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Food Industry,
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
- Natural Resources,
- Energy & Nuclear Power
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.520 To amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to require labeling of genetically engineered fish. H.R.521 To amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to prevent the approval of genetically engineered fish. S.229 A bill to amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to require labeling of genetically-engineered fish. H.R.1171 Marine Debris Act Amendments of 2012 H.R.2304 Fishery Science Improvement Act of 2011 S.973 National Endowment for the Oceans Act S.1119 Trash Free Seas Act of 2011 H.R.1646 American Angler Preservation Act H.R.2484 Harmful Algal Blooms and Hypoxia Research and Control Amendments Act of 2011 H.R.2706 Billfish Conservation Act of 2012
RegulationsMentioned in 73 dockets; Submitted to 26 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Ocean Conservancy" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Ocean Conservancy
- Toggle 5 NOAA Confidentiality of Information; Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Reauthorization Act 2012
- Toggle 3 NOAA Comprehensive Annual Catch Limit (ACL) Amendment for the South Atlantic Region. 2011
- Toggle 3 NOAA Generic Annual Catch Limits/Accountability Measures Amendment for the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council's Red Drum, Reef Fish, Shrimp, Coral and Coral reefs Fishery Management Plans 2011
- Toggle 3 NOAA Amendment 32 to the Reef Fish Fishery Management Plan: Gag – Rebuilding Plan, Annual Catch Limits, Management Measures; Red Grouper – Annual Catch Limits, Management Measures; Grouper Accountability Measures 2011
- Toggle 2 NOAA Amendment 38 to the Fishery Management Plan for the Reef Fish Resources in the Gulf of Mexico 2012
- Toggle 2 NOAA Implementation of the Shark Conservation Act of 2010 2012
- Toggle 2 NOAA Rule to Require Mandatory Use of Turtle Excluder Devices (TEDs) in Skimmer Trawls, Pusher-Head Trawls, and Wing Nets (Butterfly Trawls) 2012
- Toggle 2 BOEM Request for comments on the Proposed 2012-2017 Oil and Gas Leasing Program 2011
- Toggle 2 NOAA Amendment 37 to the Reef Fish Resources FMP of the Gulf of Mexico - Modifications to the Gray Triggerfish Rebuilding Plan 2012
- Toggle 1 NOAA of 90-Day Finding on a Petition to List Nassau Grouper (Epinephelus striatus) under the Endangered Species Act (ESA) 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Ocean Conservancy
- Toggle 9 EPA NPDES - Reissuance of the Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Vessels (VGP) 2011
- Toggle 8 EPA Gulf of Mexico Regional Ecosystem Restoration Strategy (Preliminary) 2011
- Toggle 7 EPA NPDES - Small Vessel General Permit for Discharges Incidental to the Normal Operation of Small Vessels (sVGP) 2011
- Toggle 7 NOAA Amendment 32 to the Reef Fish Fishery Management Plan: Gag – Rebuilding Plan, Annual Catch Limits, Management Measures; Red Grouper – Annual Catch Limits, Management Measures; Grouper Accountability Measures 2011
- Toggle 6 NOAA Confidentiality of Information; Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Reauthorization Act 2012
- Toggle 6 FWS Termination of the Southern Sea Otter Translocation Program 2011
- Toggle 6 NOAA Generic Annual Catch Limits/Accountability Measures Amendment for the Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council's Red Drum, Reef Fish, Shrimp, Coral and Coral reefs Fishery Management Plans 2011
- Toggle 5 NOAA Environmental Impact Statement for Steller Sea Lion Protection Measures for the Alaska Groundfish Fisheries 2012
- Toggle 5 NOAA Response to a Petition to Revise Hawaiian Monk Seal Critical Habitat 2011
- Toggle 5 NOAA Boundary Expansion of Cordell Bank and Gulf of the Farallones National Marine Sanctuaries; Intent to Prepare Draft Environmental Impact Statement; Scoping Meetings 2012