NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NRG) is an energy company headquartered in West Windsor Township, New Jersey, near Princeton.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of NRG Energy
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount NRG Energy $4,010,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Clean Air & Water
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.948 Promoting Electric Vehicles Act of 2011 H.R.2170 Cutting Federal Red Tape to Facilitate Renewable Energy Act H.R.2173 Advancing Offshore Wind Production Act S.298 Charging America Forward Act S.361 Seven Point Plan for Growing Jobs Act H.R.2354 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 H.R.3238 Incentivizing Offshore Wind Power Act S.1220 Fulfilling U.S. Energy Leadership Act of 2011 S.1397 Incentivizing Offshore Wind Power Act S.1813 MAP-21
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Registrant Summary April 19, 2013 Billups, Ray Matters involving electric energy production. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 73 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "NRG Energy" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for NRG Energy
- Toggle 6 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 6 EPA NY Regional Haze SIP 2012
- Toggle 5 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Arizona; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan: FIP 2012
- Toggle 5 EPA Federal Implementation Plan and Revisions to Regional Haze Provisions Governing Alternative to Source-Specific Best Available Retrofit Technology (BART) Determinations 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Re-Issuance of Carlsbad Energy Center PSD Applicability Determination 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA GHG New Source Performance Standards (NSPS) for Utilities 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Hazardous and Solid Waste Management System: Identification and Listing of Special Wastes; Disposal of Coal Combustion Residuals From Electric Utilities: Notice of Data Availability 2011
- Toggle 3 OCC Margin and Capital Requirements for Covered Swap Entities 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA Air Quality Designations and Classifications for the 2010 SO2 Standards 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Standards of Performance for Fossil-Fuel-Fired, Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Unit 2011