NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NRG) is an energy company headquartered in West Windsor Township, New Jersey, near Princeton.
Campaign Finance$1,712,670 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of NRG Energy
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount NRG Energy $8,650,000 GenOn Energy $1,900,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Natural Resources
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.2191 America's Climate Security Act of 2007 S.948 Promoting Electric Vehicles Act of 2011 H.R.6 Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 H.R.890 American Renewable Energy Act H.R.4273 Resolving Environmental and Grid Reliability Conflicts Act of 2012 H.R.889 Save American Energy Act H.R.4899 Disaster Relief and Summer Jobs Act of 2010 S.433 H.R.2273 Coal Residuals Reuse and Management Act H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 351 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "NRG Energy" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for NRG Energy
- Toggle 1 Approval of State Implementation Plan Revision: Connecticut; Recordkeeping, Monitoring and Visible Emission Rules. 2009
- Toggle 1 BOEM Notice of Intent to Prepare an Environmental Assessment for Commercial Wind Lease Issuance and Site Assessment Activities on the Atlantic Outer Continental Shelf Offshore New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia (Mid-Atlantic Regional EA) 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for NRG Energy
- Toggle 80 EPA Clean Air Transport Rule 2009
- Toggle 62 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 43 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 38 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 30 EPA Underground Injection Control (UIC) Program: Federal Requirements for Class VI Injection Wells for the Geologic Sequestration of Carbon Dioxide - Proposed Rule 2008
- Toggle 25 EPA Rule to Reduce Interstate Transport of Fine Particulate Matter and Ozone ;Clean Air Interstate Rule, (CAIR) 2003
- Toggle 14 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Utility Air Toxics; Clean Air Mercury Rule (CAMR) 2002
- Toggle 9 EPA NESHAP for Existing Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines 2008
- Toggle 9 EPA NOx and VOC RACT Determinations for Six Individual Pennsylvania Sources 2005
- Toggle 9 EPA Carlsbad Energy Center PSD Applicability Determination 2010
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.