NorthWestern Corporation (NYSE: NWE) owns NorthWestern Energy, a utility company that serves South Dakota, Nebraska, and Montana that is based in Sioux Falls. As of December 31, 2007, the company serves approximately 650,000 customers.
Campaign Finance$330,000 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Northwestern Energy
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Northwestern Energy $270,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Homeland Security,
- Science & Technology,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4606 To authorize the issuance of right-of-way permits for natural gas pipelines in Glacier National Park, and for other purpose. S.2291 Small Business Taxpayer Bill of Rights Act of 2012 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 S.2229 A bill to authorize the issuance of right-of-way permits for natural gas pipelines in Glacier National Park, and for other purposes. H.R.1424 Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007 H.R.1650 Railroad Antitrust Enforcement Act of 2008 H.R.1862 Cap and Dividend Act of 2009 H.R.2125 Railroad Competition and Service Improvement Act of 2007 H.R.3221 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2008 H.R.3997 Heroes Earnings Assistance and Relief Tax Act of 2007
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Registrant Summary Oct. 4, 2013 Forbes-Tate Issues pertaining to the energy industry; issues pertaining to production tax credit and accreted depreciation; issues related to "coal ash" regulation; issues related to energy efficiency; issues related to corporate tax reform. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 104 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Northwestern Energy" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Northwestern Energy
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Northwestern Energy
- Toggle 22 EERE Energy Conservation Standards for Distribution Transformers 2010
- Toggle 15 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 15 EPA Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating Effluent Limitations Guidelines 2009
- Toggle 9 EPA Criteria and Standards for Cooling Water Intake Structures 2008
- Toggle 9 EPA National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants for Coal- and Oil-fired Electric Utility Steam Generating Units 2009
- Toggle 5 EPA Preliminary 2008 Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 2006
- Toggle 4 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Energy Conservation Standards for Small Electric Motors 2007
- Toggle 4 EPA HAZARDOUS AND SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM; IDENTIFICATION AND LISTING OF SPECIAL WASTES; DISPOSAL OF COAL COMBUSTION RESIDUALS FROM ELECTRIC UTILITIES 2009
- Toggle 4 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2009
- Toggle 4 EPA South Dakota Regional Haze 2011