North Carolina State University
Coordinates: 35°47′08″N 78°40′18″W / 35.785548°N 78.67157°W / 35.785548; -78.67157
Some of this data may be out of date
State influence data from the National Institute on Money in State Politics changed in format and availability during the 2013-2014 election cycle. While we work to integrate their new style of data release, state-level campaign finance data for the 2014 cycle and beyond will be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, but heartily recommend trying out their snazzy new site at FollowTheMoney.org!
Campaign Finance$497,030 Given
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of North Carolina State University
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount North Carolina State University $1,150,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Science & Technology,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Homeland Security,
- Apparel, Clothing, & Textiles,
- Natural Resources,
- Food Industry
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.3606 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2011 S.2375 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.3161 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 935 dockets; Submitted to 31 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "North Carolina State University" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for North Carolina State University
- Toggle 6 NIFA AFRI Stakeholder 2010 2010
- Toggle 3 APHIS EA for Cold-Tolerant Genetically Engineered Eucalyptus 2007
- Toggle 3 APHIS ArborGen, LLC; Availability of an Environmental Assessment for Controlled Release of a Genetically Engineered Eucalyptus Hybrid 2008
- Toggle 3 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 2 FDA Regulation of Tobacco Products; Request for Comments 2009
- Toggle 2 RITA Nationwide Differential Global Positioning System Program - Request for Comments 2007
- Toggle 2 CSREES Recently Posted CSREES Rules and Notices. 2008
- Toggle 2 EPA Thiram; Notice of Receipt of Request to Amend to Terminate Uses of Certain Pesticide Registrations 2004
- Toggle 2 FWS Revised Definitions for ESA Section 7 Consultations; 50 CFR Part 402 2008
- Toggle 1 AMS Christmas Tree Promotion, Research, and Information Order 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for North Carolina State University
- Toggle 230 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitations Guidelines and Standards for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs). 2002
- Toggle 44 EPA Effluent Limitation Guidelines and New Source Performance Standards for the Construction and Development Category 2008
- Toggle 36 EPA Protection of Stratospheric Ozone: Process for Exempting Critical Use of Methyl Bromide 2003
- Toggle 30 EPA Control of Air Pollution From New Motor Vehicles: Tier 3 Motor Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards 2011
- Toggle 29 EPA Review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Particulate Matter 2007
- Toggle 28 EPA Regulation of Fuels and Fuel Additives: Renewable Fuel Program 2005
- Toggle 25 APHIS Regulatory Status of Alfalfa Genetically Engineered for Tolerance to the Herbicide Glyphosate 2007
- Toggle 25 EPA Review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Ozone 2008
- Toggle 24 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitation Guidelines and Standards for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs) 2005
- Toggle 23 EPA Definition of "Waters of the United States" Under the Clean Water Act 2011
|2010||$2,400,000||North Carolina State University: Secure Open Source Initiative|
|2008||$2,400,000||North Carolina State University: Warfighter Sustainment Advanced Technology -- Vertical Lift Center of Excellence-Institute of Maintenance, Science and Technology|
|2008||$2,400,000||North Carolina State University: Information and Communications Technology -- Secure Open Systems Institute|
|2010||$800,000||North Carolina State University North Carolina State University College of Textiles (Etheridge): Protective Gear Development through Man-in-Simulant-Test Chamber|
|2009||$410,000||North Carolina State University: North Carolina State University Center for Sustainable Life Support for Human Exploration|
|2010||$175,000||North Carolina State University: Center for Forensic Sciences-NCSU|
Federal Spending202 grants; 2 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|North Carolina State University||2010||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$9,837,081|
|North Carolina State University||2012||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$9,648,380|
|North Carolina State University||2013||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$9,502,839|
|North Carolina State University||2011||Education, Department Of||GRANT PROGRAM||$9,305,666|
|North Carolina State University||2010||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$7,541,727|
|North Carolina State University||2011||National Institute Of Food And Agriculture||Cooperative Extension Programs at 1862 Land-grant Institutions||$6,697,616|
|North Carolina State University||2009||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$6,677,902|
|North Carolina State University||2012||National Institute Of Food And Agriculture||The Hatch Act of 1887 (Regular Research)||$6,356,663|
|North Carolina State University||2008||Student Financial Assistance Programs||GRANT PROGRAM||$6,208,830|
|North Carolina State University||2010||National Institute Of Food And Agriculture||SMITH LEVER 3B&C FUNDS||$5,770,669|
Advisory Committees618 people on 148 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "North Carolina State University" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle National Science Foundation 522 people on 89 committees
- Toggle Department of Health and Human Services 47 people on 29 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Humanities 20 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 14 people on 9 committees
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 6 people on 4 committees
- Toggle National Endowment for the Arts 5 people on 2 committees
- Toggle Department of Defense 4 people on 4 committees
- Toggle Department of Commerce 3 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board 2 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Department of Energy 2 people on 2 committees