Nokia Corporation (Finnish pronunciation: [ˈnɔkiɑ]) (OMX: NOK1V, NYSE: NOK, FWB: NOA3) is a Finnish multinational communications corporation that is headquartered in Keilaniemi, Espoo, a city neighbouring Finland's capital Helsinki. Nokia is engaged in the manufacturing of mobile devices and in converging Internet and communications industries, with over 132,000 employees in 120 countries, sales in more than 150 countries and global annual revenue of over €42 billion and operating profit of €2 billion as of 2010. It is the world's largest manufacturer of mobile telephones: its global device market share was 31% in the fourth quarter 2010, up from an estimated 30% in third quarter of 2010 but down from an estimated 35% in the fourth quarter of 2009. Nokia's estimated share of the converged mobile device market was 31% in the fourth quarter, compared with 38% in the third quarter 2010. Nokia produces mobile devices for every major market segment and protocol, including GSM, CDMA, and W-CDMA (UMTS). Nokia offers Internet services such as applications, games, music, maps, media and messaging through its Ovi platform. Nokia's subsidiary Nokia Siemens Networks produces telecommunications network equipment, solutions and services. Nokia is also engaged in providing free digital map information and navigation services through its wholly-owned subsidiary Navteq. Nokia also has greater dependency on England based company duo namely Symbian Coorporation for its mobile operating systems and OVI for its mobile based application softwares development and distribution. Which have made nokia as highest selling mobile phone vendor within the last few years.
Campaign Finance$18,900 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Nokia Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Nokia Inc $1,230,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Environment & Superfund,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1002 Wireless Tax Fairness Act of 2011 S.543 Wireless Tax Fairness Act of 2011 H.R.658 FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011 H.R.1249 America Invents Act S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011 S.1029 e-KNOW Act H.R.611 BEST PRACTICES Act H.R.995 Smart Technologies for Communities Act H.R.1528 Consumer Privacy Protection Act of 2011 S.799 Commercial Privacy Bill of Rights Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 27 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Nokia Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Nokia Inc
- Toggle 1 FCC Provisions of Fixed and Mobile Broadband Access, Educational and Other Advanced Services: 2150-2162 and 2500-2690 MHz Bands 2011
- Toggle 1 ITC Investigations; Remand Proceedings: Certain Standard Steel Fasteners from China and Taiwan 2011
- Toggle 1 ITC Reviews in Part of Final Initial Determination Findings of Violations: Certain Personal Data and Mobile Communications Devices and Related Software 2011
- Toggle 1 ITC Complaints: Certain Portable Communication Devices 2012
- Toggle 1 DHS Department of Homeland Security/U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services--011 E-Verify Program System of Records 2011
- Toggle 1 ITC Investigations: Certain Wireless Devices with 3G Capabilities and Components 2012
- Toggle 1 ITC Complaints: Certain CMOS Image Sensors and Products Containing Same 2012
- Toggle 1 ITC Terminations of Investigations: Certain Electronic Devices; Including Mobile Phones, Portable Music Players and Computers 2011
- Toggle 1 ITC Investigations: Certain Electronic Devices, Including Mobile Phones, Mobile Tablets, Portable Music Players, and Computers, and Components Thereof 2011
- Toggle 1 ITC Investigations; Terminations, Modifications and Rulings: Certain Electronic Imaging Devices 2011