Noble Energy, Inc. of Houston, Texas, United States is the modern name of Noble Affiliates Inc., by which it was known through the 1990s, and it is now an oil and natural gas exploration and production company with almost US$3 billion in revenue at #660 on the 2007 Fortune 1000 list of the largest American companies.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q3 2013. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Noble Energy
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Noble Energy $3,990,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Foreign Relations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Government Issues,
- Natural Resources,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.587 FRAC Act H.R.56 Gulf Coast Restoration Act H.R.480 Gulf of Mexico Economic and Environmental Restoration Act of 2011 H.R.492 Big Oil Bailout Prevention Act of 2011 H.R.501 Implementing the Recommendations of the BP Oil Spill Commission Act of 2011 H.R.832 Gulf Coast Health Monitoring and Research Program Act of 2011 H.R.1228 Natural Resources Restoration Act of 2011 H.R.1333 Gulf Coast Economic and Tourism Restoration Act H.R.1336 Gulf States Small Business Interest Relief Act of 2011 H.R.1393 Oil Spill Prevention Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 26 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Noble Energy" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Noble Energy
- Toggle 1 FWS Revisions to the Regulations for Impact Analyses of Critical Habitat 2011
- Toggle 1 BLM Notice of Proposed Rule: Oil and Gas; Well Stimulation, Including Hydraulic Fracturing, on Federal and Indian Lands 43 CFR 3160 2012
- Toggle 1 OCC Margin and Capital Requirements for Covered Swap Entities 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Noble Energy
- Toggle 11 BOEM Noble N-9619 Initial Exploration Plan 2012
- Toggle 5 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Colorado; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 4 BOEM Noble R5295 Revised Exploration Plan 2011
- Toggle 4 OCC Margin and Capital Requirements for Covered Swap Entities 2011
- Toggle 3 EPA UIC Permitting Guidance for Oil and Gas Hydraulic Fracturing Activities Using Diesel Fuels – Draft 2011
- Toggle 3 BLM Notice of Proposed Rule: Oil and Gas; Well Stimulation, Including Hydraulic Fracturing, on Federal and Indian Lands 43 CFR 3160 2012
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Montana; State Implementation Plan and Regional Haze Federal Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Federal Implementation Plan for Oil and Natural Gas Well Production Facilities; Fort Berthold Indian Reservation (Mandan, Hidatsa, and Arikara Nations), North Dakota 2012
- Toggle 2 BOEM Supplement Exploration Plan 2011
- Toggle 1 DOE Applications for Long-Term Authorizations to Export Liquefied Natural Gas, etc.: Jordan Cove Energy Project, L.P. 2012
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.