Noble Energy, Inc. of Houston, Texas, United States is the modern name of Noble Affiliates Inc., by which it was known through the 1990s, and it is now an oil and natural gas exploration and production company with almost US$3 billion in revenue at #660 on the 2007 Fortune 1000 list of the largest American companies.
Campaign Finance$1,388,297 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Noble Energy
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Noble Energy $6,820,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil,
- Foreign Relations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Natural Resources,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Disaster & Emergency Planning,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2766 Fracturing Responsibility and Awareness of Chemicals Act of 2009 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.5629 Oil Spill Accountability and Environmental Protection Act of 2010 S.1215 Fracturing Responsibility and Awareness of Chemicals (FRAC) Act H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.3534 Consolidated Land, Energy, and Aquatic Resources Act of 2009 H.CON.RES.85 S.587 FRAC Act S.2009 S.3516 Outer Continental Shelf Reform Act of 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 89 dockets; Submitted to 5 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Noble Energy" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Noble Energy
- Toggle 1 FWS Revisions to the Regulations for Impact Analyses of Critical Habitat 2011
- Toggle 1 FWS Mountain Plover 2010
- Toggle 1 BOEM Review of Categorical Exclusions for Outer Continental Shelf Decisions 2010
- Toggle 1 BLM Notice of Proposed Rule: Oil and Gas; Well Stimulation, Including Hydraulic Fracturing, on Federal and Indian Lands 43 CFR 3160 2012
- Toggle 1 OCC Margin and Capital Requirements for Covered Swap Entities 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Noble Energy
- Toggle 21 EPA Oil and Natural Gas Sector -- New Source Performance Standards, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, and Control Techniques Guidelines 2010
- Toggle 11 BOEM Noble N-9619 Initial Exploration Plan 2012
- Toggle 7 BOEM Recently Posted BOEM Rules and Notices. Unknown
- Toggle 5 Oil and Gas; Hydraulic Fracturing on Federal and Indian Lands 2013
- Toggle 5 EPA Oil and Natural Gas Systems Greenhouse Gas Reporting Rule 2009
- Toggle 5 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; State of Colorado; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2011
- Toggle 5 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; Colorado; Attainment Plan for the 1997 8-Hour Ozone Standard, and Approval of Related Revisions 2010
- Toggle 5 DOE This docket contains Federal Register Notices from the DOE FDMS Sandbox. 2009
- Toggle 4 EPA Approval and Promulgation of Air Quality Implementation Plans; State of Colorado; Regulation No. 7, Section XII, Volatile Organic Compounds from Oil and Gas Operations. 2007
- Toggle 4 BOEM Noble R5295 Revised Exploration Plan 2011
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.