Newspaper Assn of America
The Newspaper Association of America is a trade association representing approximately 2000 newspapers in the United States and Canada. Member newspapers represented by the NAA include large daily papers, non-daily and small-market publications, as well as digital and multiplatform products.
Campaign Finance$5,300 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Newspaper Assn of America
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Newspaper Assn of America $2,286,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Media Information & Publishing,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Law Enforcement & Crime
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.985 Free Flow of Information Act of 2009 S.448 Free Flow of Information Act of 2009 H.R.2452 Net Operating Loss (NOL) Carryback Act S.823 Net Operating Loss (NOL) Carryback Act H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.2917 H.R.2966 Say No to Drug Ads Act H.R.3962 Affordable Health Care for America Act H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 H.R.3101 Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.