Campaign Finance$8,977,160 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of News Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount News America $35,920,000 News America Holdings $11,460,000 DIRECTV Group $3,900,000 Dow Jones & Co $90,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Arts & Entertainment,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Media Information & Publishing
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1242 S.968 PIPA H.R.985 Free Flow of Information Act of 2009 S.448 Free Flow of Information Act of 2009 S.449 Free Speech Protection Act of 2009 H.R.1249 America Invents Act S.978 Commercial Felony Streaming Act H.R.2994 Satellite Home Viewer Reauthorization Act H.R.611 BEST PRACTICES Act H.R.2905 Broadcaster Freedom Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 15 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "News Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for News Corp
- Toggle 2 USTR 2009 Special 301 2009
- Toggle 1 DOT Ansett International Limited - Exemption - Australia-United States 1999
- Toggle 1 COLC Section 109 Report to Congress 2007
- Toggle 1 FCC Preserving Open Internet 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA National Emission Standards forHazardous Air Pollutants for Stationary Combustion Turbines 2002
- Toggle 1 FCC Implementation of the Cable Television Consumer Protection and Competition Act of 1992 Development of Competition and Diversity in Video Programming Distribution: Section 628(c)(5) of the Communications Act: Sunset of Exclusive Contract Prohibition 2007
- Toggle 1 Request for Comments and Notice of public hearing concerning Proposed Transatlantic Trade and Investment Agreement 2013
- Toggle 1 FCC Amendment of Rules Related to Retransmission Consent 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Greenhouse Gas Mandatory Reporting 2008
- Toggle 1 DOT American Airlines, Inc. and TACA Group - Approval of and Antitrust Immunity for Agreement 2000
EPA Violations4 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Alliance Chemical Inc Et Al.||News Publishing australia Ltd succ to Chris-Craft (+71 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$37,000,000|
|Alcan Corporation||News Publishing Australia Ltd (+81 others)||2007||Newark, Nj||$13,150,000|
|Casmalia Resources - Abc Unified School District||Twenieth Century Fox Film Corporation (+256 others)||2006||Casmalia, Ca||$4,346,984|
|Abb, Inc. Et Al (Spectron Deminimis Settlement)||News Publishing Australia Ltd (+547 others)||2003||Elkton, Md||$2,803,841|
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.