Campaign Finance$2,597,960 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of News America
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount News America $40,085,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Media Information & Publishing,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Health Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1242 H.R.2994 Satellite Home Viewer Reauthorization Act H.R.3101 Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act of 2010 S.910 S.968 PIPA H.R.1249 America Invents Act S.415 Spectrum Optimization Act S.448 Free Flow of Information Act of 2009 S.449 Free Speech Protection Act of 2009 S.673
RegulationsMentioned in 9 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "News America" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for News America
- Toggle 2 EPA New Source Review (NSR): 90 Day Review and Report to the President 2001
- Toggle 1 DOT U.S. DOT/OST - Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Computer Reservation System (CRS) Regulations (Part 255) 1997
- Toggle 1 DOE Coordination of Federal Authorizations for Electric Transmission Facilities 2008
- Toggle 1 WHD Child Labor Regulations, Orders and Statements of Interpretation; Child Labor Violations—Civil Money Penalties 2011
- Toggle 1 ESA Family and Medical Leave Act Notice of Proposed Rulemaking 29 CFR Part 825 2008
- Toggle 1 FTA Intent To Prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for Proposed Transit Improvements in the Draper Corridor of Metropolitan Salt Lake City, UT 2007
- Toggle 1 FTC Valassis Communications, Inc.; Analysis of Agreement Containing Consent Order To Aid Public Comment 2006
- Toggle 1 EPA Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) and Nonattainment New Source Review (NSR), and New Source Performance Standards (NSPS): Emissions Test for Electric Generating Units 2005
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Rollover Prevention 1996
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.