New Balance Athletic Shoe
New Balance Athletic Shoe, Inc. (NBAS), best known as simply New Balance, is a footwear manufacturer based in Boston, Massachusetts. It was founded in 1906 as the New Balance Arch Support Company. Eschewing expensive advertising campaigns, it has nevertheless grown to be one of the largest makers of sports footwear in the world.
Campaign Finance$1,192,400 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of New Balance Athletic Shoe
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Homeland Security,
- Apparel, Clothing, & Textiles
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5013 Implementing Management for Performance and Related Reforms to Obtain Value in Every Acquisition Act of 2010 H.R.5013 To suspend temporarily the duty on Tebuthiuron.
RegulationsMentioned in 21 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "New Balance Athletic Shoe" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for New Balance Athletic Shoe
- Toggle 3 EPA Protection of Stratospheric Ozone: Adjustments to the Allowance System for Controlling HCFC Production, Import, and Export 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Limited Approval/Disapproval of Sacramento Metro AQMD Rule 214 submitted Dec. 17, 2010 and Rule 203 submitted Jan. 28, 2011. 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Limited Approval/Disapproval of Placer Co APCD Rule 502 submitted July 20, 2010 and Feather River Rule 10.1 submitted July 20, 2010. 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR 2012 Special 301 Review 2011
- Toggle 1 FMCSA SSC - In the Matter of Atlas Movers, LLC - Field Administrator's Objection to Hearing 2011
- Toggle 1 ED Request for Information on Strategies for Improving Outcomes for Disconnected Youth 2012
- Toggle 1 FMCSA WSC - In the Matter of ASAP Relocations, Inc. dba America Best Movers - Field Administrator’s Notice of Objection to Respondent’s Request for Hearing 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Prevention of Significant Deterioration Permit for the Pio Pico Energy Center 2011
- Toggle 1 ED Application and approval process for new programs 2011
- Toggle 1 EPA Lifecycle Greenhouse Gas Analyses of New Pathways Under the Renewable Fuels Standard Program 2011
Advisory Committees1 person on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "New Balance Athletic Shoe" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 1 person on 1 committee