New Balance Athletic Shoe
New Balance Athletic Shoe, Inc. (NBAS), best known as simply New Balance, is a footwear manufacturer based in Boston, Massachusetts. It was founded in 1906 as the New Balance Arch Support Company. Eschewing expensive advertising campaigns, it has nevertheless grown to be one of the largest makers of sports footwear in the world.
Campaign Finance$2,147,300 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of New Balance Athletic Shoe
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Homeland Security,
- Apparel, Clothing, & Textiles
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.5013 Implementing Management for Performance and Related Reforms to Obtain Value in Every Acquisition Act of 2010 H.R.5013 To suspend temporarily the duty on Tebuthiuron.
RegulationsMentioned in 120 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "New Balance Athletic Shoe" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for New Balance Athletic Shoe
- Toggle 12 EPA Water Quality Standards for the State of Florida's Lakes and Flowing Waters 2009
- Toggle 8 EPA National Priorities List for Uncontrolled Hazardous Waste Sites; (Final Rule No. 34) 2003
- Toggle 7 NRC Decommissioning Planning 2008
- Toggle 6 FAA 2007-NE-13-AD 2007
- Toggle 4 OTS Unfair or Deceptive Acts or Practices 2008
- Toggle 4 GIPSA Implementation of Regulations Required Under Title XI of the Food, Conservation and Energy Act of 2008; Conduct in Violation of the Act 2010
- Toggle 3 EPA Protection of Stratospheric Ozone: Adjustments to the Allowance System for Controlling HCFC Production, Import, and Export 2011
- Toggle 3 FAA Short Brothers Model SD3-60 Airplanes 2008
- Toggle 3 FAA 2008-NM-189-AD - Short Brothers Model SD3-60 Airplanes 2009
- Toggle 3 TREAS Development of a Guarantee Program for Troubled Assets 2008
Federal Spending6 contracts
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
|New Balance Athletic Shoe Incorporated||2007||4503292271!SHOES,RUN||$3,146,908|
|New Balance Athletic Shoe Incorporated||2009||4509187848!SHOES,RUNNING,MEN&A||$2,845,001|
|New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc||2005||$2,390,200|
|New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc||2005||$1,370,463|
|New Balance Athletic Shoe Incorporated||2007||4504052210!SHOES,RUN||$1,257,300|
|New Balance Athletic Shoe Inc||2005||$1,054,500|
EPA Violations1 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Sutton Brook Disposal Area Superfund Site||New Balance Athletic Shoes (+24 others)||2004||Tewksbury, Ma||$2,000,000|
Advisory Committees3 people on 3 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "New Balance Athletic Shoe" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 3 people on 3 committees