Netflix, Inc., commonly just Netflix, (NASDAQ: NFLX) is an American corporation that offers both on-demand video streaming over the internet, and flat rate online video rental (rental-by-mail) of DVD-Video and Blu-ray Disc in the United States and Canada (streaming only).
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Netflix Inc
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount Netflix Inc $1,525,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2471 To amend section 2710 of title 18, United States Code, to clarify that a video tape service provider may obtain a consumer's informed, written consent on an ongoing basis and that consent may be obtained through the Internet. S.1011 Electronic Communications Privacy Act Amendments Act of 2011 H.R.2471 Uranium Enrichment Decontamination and Decommissioning Fund Reauthorization Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 34 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Netflix Inc" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Netflix Inc
- Toggle 7 OMB Development of the Joint Strategic Plan on Intellectual Property Enforcement 2012
- Toggle 7 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure and Energy Conservation Standard for Set-Top Boxes and Network Equipment 2011
- Toggle 3 HHS Human Subjects Research Protections: Enhancing Protections for Research Subjects and Reducing Burden, Delay, and Ambiguity for Investigators 2011
- Toggle 2 HHS Health Information Technology; Implementation Specifications, and Certification Criteria: Electronic Health Record Technology, 2014 Edition 2012
- Toggle 2 EERE Energy Conservation Program: Test Procedure for Set-Top Boxes 2012
- Toggle 1 FDIC Systemic Resolution Advisory Committee; Establishment 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR USTR-2012-1377 Review of Telecommunications Trade Agreements 2012
- Toggle 1 DHS Privacy Act of 1974; Department of Homeland Security Office of Operations Coordination and Planning—004 Publicly Available Social Media Monitoring and Situational Awareness Initiative System of Records 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR 2013 Special 301 Review 2012
- Toggle 1 COLC Section 302 Report 2011