Nelson, Mullins et al
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP (commonly referred to simply as Nelson Mullins) is a large U.S. law firm and lobby group based in Columbia, South Carolina. In 2007, the National Law Journal ranked the firm the largest in South Carolina and 111th largest in the United States. The firm also ranked 127th in profit per attorney on the 2007 AmLaw 200 survey.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Lindsey Graham David Wilkins $61,500 Romney Victory Inc David Wilkins $29,000
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Nelson, Mullins et al
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Nexen Inc $810,000 Province of Saskatchewan $800,000 NAMM International Music Products Assn $640,000 Northwest Evaluation Assoc $510,000 Google Inc $435,000 Ameresco Inc $400,000 Robert Bosch LLC $400,000 Integrity Funding $390,000 Gibbs International $380,000 Province of Alberta $380,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Health Issues,
- Government Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1449 Mariah's Act H.R.873 Motorcoach Enhanced Safety Act of 2011 H.R.1473 Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 S.453 Motorcoach Enhanced Safety Act of 2011 H.R.1706 Commercial Motor Vehicle Advanced Safety Technology Tax Act of 2011 S.1233 Commercial Motor Vehicle Advanced Safety Technology Tax Act of 2011 S.1813 MAP-21 H.R.4348 Transportation Research and Innovative Technology Act of 2012 H.R.7 Sportfishing and Recreational Boating Safety Act of 2012 H.R.2445 State and Local Funding Flexibility Act
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary Oct. 10, 2013 Duke Energy Business Services LLC Issues relating to energy efficiency and EPA regulations. View registration Oct. 4, 2013 Mercury Systems, Inc. Issues related to Radar programs View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 8 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Nelson, Mullins et al" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Nelson, Mullins et al
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Nelson, Mullins et al
- Toggle 3 EPA NESHAP for Secondary Lead Smelting Amendments Based on the Risk and Technology Review 2011
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Monroney Label Qualitative ICR 2011
- Toggle 1 APHIS Dow AgroSciences; Notice of Petition for a Determination of Nonregulated Status for Soybean Genetically Engineered for Dichlorophenoxyacetic Acid and Glufosinate 2012
- Toggle 1 NHTSA National Automotive Sampling System 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB 2012 Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z) Mortgage Servicing Proposal 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB 2012 Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X) Mortgage Servicing Proposal 2012
- Toggle 1 Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.; Availability of Petition, Plant Pest Risk Assessment, and Environmental Assessment for Determination of Nonregulated Status of Maize Genetically Engineered for Herbicide Tolerance 2012
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Response to Decision for Reconsideration 2011