Nelson, Mullins et al
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP (commonly referred to simply as Nelson Mullins) is a large U.S. law firm and lobby group based in Columbia, South Carolina. In 2007, the National Law Journal ranked the firm the largest in South Carolina and 111th largest in the United States. The firm also ranked 127th in profit per attorney on the 2007 AmLaw 200 survey.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2010 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Nelson, Mullins et al
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount Province of Saskatchewan $700,000 NAMM International Music Products Assn $640,000 Northwest Evaluation Assoc $480,000 Ogilvy Government Relations $430,000 Robert Bosch LLC $400,000 Central Electric Power Cooperative $330,000 Ameresco Inc $300,000 Southern Management Corp $300,000 Gibbs International $300,000 Mgm Brakes $280,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Health Issues,
- Firearms, Guns & Ammunition
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.2024 Commercial Motor Vehicle Advanced Safety Technology Tax Act of 2009 S.1582 Commercial Motor Vehicle Advanced Safety Technology Tax Act of 2009 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.2874 Helping Active Duty Deployed Act of 2009 H.R.4785 Rural Energy Savings Program Act H.R.5381 Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 2010 S.3102 Rural Energy Savings Program Act S.3302 Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 2010 H.R.1396 Motorcoach Enhanced Safety Act of 2009
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary May 8, 2013 Investment Industry Association of Canada Cross-border dimensions of regulatory and legislative action relating to investment industry. View registration May 2, 2013 SharedLives Foreign exchange students View registration April 18, 2013 General Motors Auto industry issues (general including progress on GM's restructing). View registration April 11, 2013 Findlay Township Municipal Authority Appropriations funding for Findlay Township business park project. View registration April 11, 2013 Tricab Energy and Defense applications for wire and cable. View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 6 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Nelson, Mullins et al" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Nelson, Mullins et al
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Nelson, Mullins et al
- Toggle 14 FAA In the Matter of SATSair LLC - Request for Hearing and Complaint - CP09SO0001 2009
- Toggle 1 NHTSA New Car Assessment Program (NCAP); Safety Labeling 2010
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Vehicle Safety Rulemaking and Research Priority Plan 2009-2011 2009
- Toggle 1 NHTSA 2010 - 2015 Strategic Planning 2009
- Toggle 1 FAA In the Matter of UPS Store #4989 - Complaint - CP09EA0001 2009
- Toggle 1 CMS Competitive Acquisition for Certain Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies (DMEPOS) 2010