Nelson, Mullins et al
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP (commonly referred to simply as Nelson Mullins) is a large U.S. law firm and lobby group based in Columbia, South Carolina. In 2007, the National Law Journal ranked the firm the largest in South Carolina and 111th largest in the United States. The firm also ranked 127th in profit per attorney on the 2007 AmLaw 200 survey.
Campaign Finance$4,060,483 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount Lindsey Graham David Wilkins $61,500 Romney Victory Inc David Wilkins $29,000
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying Carried Out by Nelson, Mullins et al
Names of Lobbyists
Client Amount NAMM International Music Products Assn $2,760,000 Province of Saskatchewan $1,700,000 TRW Automotive $1,340,000 Northwest Evaluation Assoc $1,310,000 Nexen Inc $1,200,000 Robert Bosch LLC $980,000 AREVA Group $840,000 Ameresco Inc $800,000 Myrtle Beach Downtown Redevelopment Corp $760,000 Gibbs International $740,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Health Issues,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1449 Mariah's Act H.R.1 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 H.R.2024 Commercial Motor Vehicle Advanced Safety Technology Tax Act of 2009 S.1582 Commercial Motor Vehicle Advanced Safety Technology Tax Act of 2009 H.R.873 Motorcoach Enhanced Safety Act of 2011 H.R.1473 Department of Defense and Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 S.453 Motorcoach Enhanced Safety Act of 2011 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.4785 Rural Energy Savings Program Act S.3102 Rural Energy Savings Program Act
Recent Lobbying Contracts
Date Client Summary Dec. 5, 2013 National White Collar Criime Center Criminal justice issues View registration Dec. 3, 2013 Aspen Systems, Inc. Issues related to miniature refrigeration systems for the military. View registration Oct. 10, 2013 Duke Energy Business Services LLC Issues relating to energy efficiency and EPA regulations. View registration Oct. 4, 2013 Mercury Systems, Inc. Issues related to Radar programs View registration
RegulationsMentioned in 40 dockets; Submitted to 10 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Nelson, Mullins et al" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Nelson, Mullins et al
- Toggle 4 FAA In the Matter of SATSair LLC - Request for Hearing and Complaint - CP09SO0001 2009
- Toggle 1 TREAS Prohibition on Funding of Unlawful Internet Gambling 2007
- Toggle 1 NHTSA Monroney Label Qualitative ICR 2011
- Toggle 1 FAA In the Matter of Delta Airlines Lines, Inc. - Complaint - CP02NM0015 2002
- Toggle 1 FAA In the Matter of Delta Airlines, Inc. - Complaint - CP02NM0013 2002
- Toggle 1 FAA In the Matter of Delta Airlines, Inc. - Complaint - CP02NM0008 2002
- Toggle 1 NHTSA 2010 - 2015 Strategic Planning 2009
- Toggle 1 NHTSA National Automotive Sampling System 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB 2012 Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z) Mortgage Servicing Proposal 2012
- Toggle 1 CFPB 2012 Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (Regulation X) Mortgage Servicing Proposal 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Nelson, Mullins et al
- Toggle 16 FAA In the Matter of SATSair LLC - Request for Hearing and Complaint - CP09SO0001 2009
- Toggle 8 FHWA FHWA - Region 4 Motion for Final Order - In the Matter of Builders Transport, Inc. 1997
- Toggle 3 NHTSA TPMS 2005
- Toggle 3 EPA NESHAP for Secondary Lead Smelting Amendments Based on the Risk and Technology Review 2011
- Toggle 2 FAA In the Matter of Delta Airlines, Inc. - Complaint - CP02NM0013 2002
- Toggle 2 TREAS Prohibition on Funding of Unlawful Internet Gambling 2007
- Toggle 2 FAA In the Matter of Delta Airlines Lines, Inc. - Complaint - CP02NM0015 2002
- Toggle 2 APHIS Environmental Assessment; Determination of Nonregulated Status of Sugar Beet Genetically Engineered for Tolerance to the Herbicide Glyphosate 2010
- Toggle 2 FAA In the Matter of Delta Airlines, Inc. - Complaint - CP02NM0008 2002
- Toggle 1 DOJ Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability by Public Accommodations and in Commercial Facilities 2008