NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is an American technology company specializing in products for the retail, financial, travel, healthcare, food service, entertainment, gaming and public sector industries. Its main products are self-service kiosks, point-of-sale terminals, automated teller machines, check processing systems, barcode scanners, and business consumables. They also are one of the largest providers of IT maintenance support services. From 1988 to 1997 they sponsored the NCR Book Award for non-fiction. It was based in Dayton, Ohio since 1884, but in June 2009, they sold most of the properties in Dayton and moved its headquarters to the city of Duluth (Gwinnett County), Georgia.
Campaign Finance$1,045,236 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of NCR Corp
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount NCR Corp $10,610,357 Fleishman-Hillard Inc $538,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Homeland Security,
- Health Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 S.1010 Postal Operations Sustainment and Transformation Act of 2011 H.R.2309 Postal Reform Act of 2011 H.R.2735 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make permanent the look-through treatment of payments between related controlled foreign corporations. S.727 Bipartisan Tax Fairness and Simplification Act of 2011 H.R.2989 401(k) Fair Disclosure and Pension Security Act of 2009 H.R.3800 Promoting Health Information Technology Act S.1693 Wired for Health Care Quality Act S.1789 21st Century Postal Service Act of 2011 H.R.1834 Freedom to Invest Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 68 dockets; Submitted to 1 docket
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "NCR Corp" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for NCR Corp
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for NCR Corp
- Toggle 8 EPA National Oil and Hazardous Substances Pollution Contingency Plan; The National Priorities List Revisions; Amendment; Proposed Rule, 63 FR 11340 (3/6/98) - Update #24 1998
- Toggle 7 EPA National Priorities List for Uncontrolled Hazardous Waste Sites, Update No. 32 2000
- Toggle 7 EPA National Priorities List for Uncontrolled Hazardous Waste Sites, Update No. 34. 2000
- Toggle 7 EPA National Oil and Hazardous Substances Pollution Contingency Plan; The National Priorities List for Uncontrolled Hazardous Waste Sites; Proposed Rule 1999
- Toggle 7 EPA National Oil and Hazardous Substances Pollution Contingency Plan; National Priorities List for Uncontrolled Hazardous Waste Sites; Proposed Rule Number 30 1999
- Toggle 6 EPA National Priorities List for Uncontrolled Hazardous Waste Sites, Final Rule Update No. 33 2002
- Toggle 6 EPA The National Priorities List for Uncontrolled Hazardous Waste Sites Proposed Rule Update No. 28 1999
- Toggle 6 EPA National Priorities List for Uncontrolled Hazardous Waste Sites: (Libby Asbestos, Libby, Montana and Omaha Lead, Omaha, Nebraska) 2002
- Toggle 6 EPA National Priorities List for Uncontrolled Hazardous Waste Sites, Update No. 33. 2000
- Toggle 6 EPA The National Priorities List for Uncontrolled Hazardous Waste Sites. 1999
Federal Spending1 contract
Federal grants, contracts and loans are reported by federal agencies using the FPDS and FAADS systems. The data is made available to the public at USASpending.gov. Please note that the completeness and quality of the data varies greatly by agency.
Only grants, contracts and loans with amounts over $1 million are shown.
Because company names are not reported in a standardized manner, we cannot reliably determine the company receiving the contract or award. The results shown here are based on a search for the company name. Individual records may be missed or erroneously included because of name variations. For more information, please see our federal spending methodology page.
Note: Company names in federal spending data are not standardized. The table below is included only as a sample of what is available in the data and has not been reviewed for accuracy or completeness. To investigate the data further, use the links at the bottom of the table.
EPA Violations9 Enforcement Actions
Figures are based on data from the Environmental Protection Agency’s ECHO website. The ECHO database contains federal and state environmental enforcement actions. Data displayed here includes only those actions that began after 2000 and resulted in fines of over $1 million.
Actions where the company was the sole defendant are listed first. Actions where the company is one of multiple defendants are listed subsequently.
For more information see our EPA methodology page.
|Fox River Unilateral Admin Order||NCR Corporation (+7 others)||2008||Green Bay, Wi||$390,000,000|
|Fox River Nrda/Pcb Releases Consent Decree (Cercla)||Ncr Corporation (+1 others)||2007||Green Bay, Wi||$30,000,000|
|Fox River Nrda/Pcb Releases Admin Order On Consent - Rd At Ou2-5 (Cercla)||Ncr Corporation (+1 others)||2004||Green Bay, Wi||$20,600,000|
|City Of Newburgh Et Al.||NCR Corporation (+89 others)||2011||Newburgh, Ny||$12,764,875|
|Lwd, Inc.||Ncr Corporation (+84 others)||2007||Calvert City, Ky||$10,000,000|
|Omega Chemical Superfund Site Ou-1 Rd/Ra||Ncr Corporation (+270 others)||2010||Whittier, Ca||$7,100,000|
|Omega Chemical Site||NCR Corporation (+16 others)||2004||Whittier, Ca||$2,400,000|
|South Dayton Dump & Landfill Admin Order On Consent (Cercla)||Ncr (+5 others)||2010||Moraine, Oh||$1,550,000|
|Fox River Nrda/Pcb Releases Litigation (Cercla)||NCR Corporation (+13 others)||2010||Green Bay, Wi||$1,105,000|
Advisory Committees4 people on 4 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "NCR Corp" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Commerce 3 people on 3 committees
- Toggle Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board 1 person on 1 committee