National Women's Law Center
The National Women's Law Center (NWLC) is a Washington, DC-based non-profit organization founded in 1972. Through litigation and policy initiatives, the Center strives to improve the lives of women and their families in the areas of health, employment, family economic security, and education. NWLC was founded by Marcia Greenberger and Nancy Duff Campbell.
Campaign Finance$4,080 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Women's Law Center
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Women's Law Center $520,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Family, Abortion & Adoption,
- Health Issues,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Foreign Relations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1 Full-Year Continuing Appropriations Act, 2011 H.R.358 Protect Life Act S.555 Student Non-Discrimination Act of 2011 H.R.3 No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act H.R.975 Anti-Bullying and Harassment Act of 2011 H.R.3803 District of Columbia Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act S.877 Protect Life Act S.1223 Location Privacy Protection Act of 2011 H.R.8 Job Protection and Recession Prevention Act of 2012 H.R.83 Bullying Prevention and Intervention Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 29 dockets; Submitted to 18 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Women's Law Center" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Women's Law Center
- Toggle 4 IRS Health Insurance Premium Assistance Credit 2011
- Toggle 3 HHS Establishment of Exchanges and Qualified Health Plans 2011
- Toggle 2 OPM Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Establishment of Multi-State Plan Program for Affordable Insurance Exchanges 2012
- Toggle 2 WHD Application of the Fair Labor Standards Act to Domestic Service 2011
- Toggle 1 OFCCP Interpretive Standards for Systemic Compensation Discrimination and Voluntary Guidelines for Self-Evaluation of Compensation Practices Under Executive Order 11246; Notice of Proposed Rescission 2011
- Toggle 1 OFCCP Non-Discrimination in Compensation; Compensation Data Collection Tool 2011
- Toggle 1 ED Retrospective Review under E.O. 13563 -- Department of Education Preliminary Plan for Retrospective Analysis of Existing Rules 2011
- Toggle 1 HHS Exchange Functions in the Individual Market: Eligibility Determinations; Standards for Verification of Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage, Employer Appeals, and Employer SHOP Participation 2011
- Toggle 1 TREAS Application, Review, and Reporting Process for Waivers for State Innovation 2011
- Toggle 1 DOJ National Standards To Prevent, Detect, and Respond to Prison Rape 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Women's Law Center
- Toggle 11 EBSA Incentives for Nondiscriminatory Wellness Programs in Group Health Plans 2012
- Toggle 4 WHD Application of the Fair Labor Standards Act to Domestic Service 2011
- Toggle 4 IRS Health Insurance Premium Assistance Credit 2011
- Toggle 4 HHS Establishment of Exchanges and Qualified Health Plans 2011
- Toggle 3 CMS Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act; Health Insurance Market Rules CMS-9972-P 2012
- Toggle 3 OPM Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Establishment of Multi-State Plan Program for Affordable Insurance Exchanges 2012
- Toggle 2 OFCCP Non-Discrimination in Compensation; Compensation Data Collection Tool 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Medicaid Program; Eligibility Changes under the Affordable Care Act of 2010 (CMS-2349-P) 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Certain Preventive Services Under the Affordable Care Act 2012
- Toggle 2 CMS Exchanges Part II--Standards Related to Essential Health Benefits; Health Insurance Issuer and Exchange Responsibilities with Respect to Actuarial Value, Quality, and Accreditation CMS-9980-P 2012
Advisory Committees2 people on 1 committee
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "National Women's Law Center" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Defense 2 people on 1 committee