National Venture Capital Assn
The National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) is the leading trade association representing the venture capital industry in the U.S. The NVCA represents the venture industry in public policy debates in Washington, DC, and promotes high professional standards, professional development, and interaction amongst member firms.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Venture Capital Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Venture Capital Assn $4,754,554
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Small Business,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.436 Protect Medical Innovation Act of 2011 H.R.3606 Reopening American Capital Markets to Emerging Growth Companies Act of 2011 S.208 A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to extend the 100 percent exclusion for gain on certain small business stock. S.968 PIPA H.R.1249 America Invents Act H.R.2182 Generating Antibiotic Incentives Now Act of 2011 H.R.3261 Stop Online Piracy Act H.R.4132 FAST Act S.17 Medical Device Access and Innovation Protection Act S.23 Patent Reform Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 19 dockets; Submitted to 2 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Venture Capital Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Venture Capital Assn
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Venture Capital Assn
- Toggle 3 FDA Center for Devices and Radiological Health 510(k) Clearance Process; Institute of Medicine Report: “Medical Devices and the Public’s Health, The FDA 510(k) Clearance Process at 35 Years;” Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 2 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 2 FWS Buckeye Wind Power Project, Champaign County, Ohio 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: NASDAQ Stock Market LLC 2011
- Toggle 1 SBA Small Business Investment Companies: Early Stage SBICs 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Effective Date of Requirement for Premarket Approval for Shortwave Diathermy for All Other Uses 2012
- Toggle 1 SBA Small Business Size Standards: Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Program 2012
- Toggle 1 SEC Self-Regulatory Organizations; Proposed Rule Changes: NASDAQ OMX BX, Inc. 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Medical Device Innovation Initiative; Availability for Comment 2011
- Toggle 1 SEC Reporting by Investment Advisers to Private Funds and Certain Commodity Pool Operators, etc. 2011