National Venture Capital Assn
The National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) is the leading trade association representing the venture capital industry in the U.S. The NVCA represents the venture industry in public policy debates in Washington, DC, and promotes high professional standards, professional development, and interaction amongst member firms.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2008 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Venture Capital Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Venture Capital Assn $3,436,743
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Science & Technology,
- Small Business,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Health Issues,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2834 S.1145 Patent Reform Act of 2007 H.R.6275 Alternative Minimum Tax Relief Act of 2008 S.1695 Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act of 2007 H.R.1956 Patient Protection and Innovative Biologic Medicines Act of 2007 H.R.1038 H.R.3161 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 H.R.1908 Patent Reform Act of 2007 H.R.5819 SBIR/STTR Reauthorization Act H.R.6049 Energy and Tax Extenders Act of 2008
RegulationsMentioned in 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Venture Capital Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Venture Capital Assn
- Toggle 3 FDA Medical Device User Fee and Modernization Act: Public Meeting 2007
- Toggle 2 CMS Proposed Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems and Fiscal Year 2009 Rates; Proposed Changes to Disclosure of Physician Ownership in Hospitals and Physician Self-Referral Rules; Proposed Collection of Information Regarding Financial Relationships Between Hospitals and Physicians 2008
- Toggle 2 SEC Commission Guidance Regarding Managements Report on Internal Control Over Financial Reporting Under Section 13(a) or 15(d) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 2007
- Toggle 1 SEC Public Company Accounting Oversight Board: Audit of financial statements; audit of internal control over financial reporting; independence rule and conforming amendments 2007