National Venture Capital Assn
The National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) is the leading trade association representing the venture capital industry in the U.S. The NVCA represents the venture industry in public policy debates in Washington, DC, and promotes high professional standards, professional development, and interaction amongst member firms.
Campaign Finance$9,118,028 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Venture Capital Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Venture Capital Assn $20,049,609
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Medical Research & Clin Labs,
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Small Business,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.1935 H.R.711 Hedge Fund Adviser Registration Act of 2009 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 S.344 Hedge Fund Transparency Act S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 H.R.4173 Wall Street Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010 S.1276 Private Fund Transparency Act of 2009 H.R.1260 Patent Reform Act of 2009 S.515 Patent Reform Act of 2009
RegulationsMentioned in 45 dockets; Submitted to 6 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Venture Capital Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Venture Capital Assn
- Toggle 1 FDA Parallel Review of Medical Products by the FDA and CMS Agencies: Food and Drug Administration, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, HHS 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA FDA Transparency Task Force; Public Meeting 2009
- Toggle 1 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 1 FSOC Public Input for the Study Regarding the Implementation of the Prohibitions on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Center for Devices and Radiological Health 510(k) Working Group Preliminary Report and Recommendations; Availability for Comment 2010
- Toggle 1 FDA Medical Device Innovation Initiative; Availability for Comment 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Venture Capital Assn
- Toggle 3 FDA Parallel Review of Medical Products by the FDA and CMS Agencies: Food and Drug Administration, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, HHS 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Center for Devices and Radiological Health 510(k) Clearance Process; Institute of Medicine Report: “Medical Devices and the Public’s Health, The FDA 510(k) Clearance Process at 35 Years;” Request for Comments 2011
- Toggle 3 FDA Third Annual Stakeholder Meeting on the Medical Device User Fee and Modernization Act of 2002; Public Meeting 2005
- Toggle 3 FDA Medical Device User Fee and Modernization Act: Public Meeting 2007
- Toggle 3 FSOC Public Input for the Study Regarding the Implementation of the Prohibitions on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2010
- Toggle 2 DOT 2005/2006 U.S.-China Air Services Case and Designations 2004
- Toggle 2 OCC Volcker Rule - Prohibition on Proprietary Trading and Certain Relationships with Hedge Funds and Private Equity Funds 2011
- Toggle 2 CMS Proposed Changes to the Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems and Fiscal Year 2009 Rates; Proposed Changes to Disclosure of Physician Ownership in Hospitals and Physician Self-Referral Rules; Proposed Collection of Information Regarding Financial Relationships Between Hospitals and Physicians 2008
- Toggle 2 DOT Virgin America Inc. - Certificate - Interstate Scheduled Air Transportation 2005
- Toggle 2 FWS Buckeye Wind Power Project, Champaign County, Ohio 2012