Campaign Finance$13,820 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
state-level data is not available in bulk for 2014. for current state data, browse http://followthemoney.org/
- PAC Color Block
- Organization's PAC(s)
- Employee Color Block
- Associated Individuals
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Tobacco
Names of Lobbyists
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.625 Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act S.1027 PACT Act H.R.1108 Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act H.R.1027 (Unknown) H.R.1676 PACT Act H.R.1027 Thrift Store Protection Act H.R.1256 Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act S.625 Waco Mammoth National Monument Establishment Act of 2009 S.1027 Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act of 2009 S.982 Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act
RegulationsMentioned in 38 dockets; Submitted to 4 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Tobacco" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Tobacco
- Toggle 2 FDA Deeming Tobacco Products To Be Subject to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as Amended by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act; Regulations on the Sale and Distribution of Tobacco Products and Required Warning Statements for Tobacco Products 2014
- Toggle 2 TTB Standards for Pipe Tobacco and Roll-Your-Own Tobacco 2010
- Toggle 1 TTB Increase in Tax Rates on Tobacco Products and Cigarette Papers and Tubes; Floor Stocks Tax on Certain Tobacco Products, Cigarette Papers, and Cigarette Tubes; and Changes to Basis for Denial, Suspension, or Revocation of Permits 2009
- Toggle 1 TTB Implementation of Statutory Amendments Requiring the Qualification of Manufacturers and Importers of Processed Tobacco and Other Amendments Related to Permit Requirements, and the Expanded Definition of Roll-Your-Own Tobacco 2009
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Tobacco
- Toggle 24 FDA Deeming Tobacco Products To Be Subject to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, as Amended by the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act; Regulations on the Sale and Distribution of Tobacco Products and Required Warning Statements for Tobacco Products 2014
- Toggle 23 FDA Required Warnings for Cigarette Packages & Advertisements 2010
- Toggle 14 FDA Regulation of Tobacco Products; Request for Comments 2009
- Toggle 6 FDA FDA is Requesting Data, Information, and Views and Hosting a Web-Based Public Meeting to Discuss Issues Related to the Development of an Enforcement Action Plan 2010
- Toggle 5 FDA Enforcement Action Plan for Promotion and Advertising Restrictions; Availability 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Tobacco Product Advertising and Promotion to Youth and Racial and Ethnic Minority Populations; Request for Comments 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Menthol in Cigarettes, Tobacco Products; Request for Comments 2013
- Toggle 3 TTB Standards for Pipe Tobacco and Roll-Your-Own Tobacco 2010
- Toggle 3 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry: Compliance with Regulations Restricting the Sale and Distribution of Cigarettes and Smokeless Tobacco To Protect Children and Adolescents; Availability 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA Agency Information Collection Activities; Proposed Collection; Comment Request; Tobacco Product Reporting Violation Form. 2011