National Rural Water Assn
The National Rural Water Association, with its affiliated state rural water associations, is the largest water and wastewater utility membership organization in the United States of America. The NRWA is a professional organization that supports rural and small water utilities throughout the nation. NRWA and its state affiliates are organized as a non-profit trade association, and represent more than 26,696 water and wastewater utility members.
Campaign Finance$803,751 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Rural Water Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Rural Water Assn $7,846,338
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Natural Resources
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2206 Grassroots Rural Water Systems Act H.R.2454 American Clean Energy And Security Act of 2009 H.R.2868 Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Act of 2009 H.R.3258 Drinking Water System Security Act of 2009 S.1462 American Clean Energy Leadership Act of 2009 H.R.2112 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 S.1406 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 H.R.5973 Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013 H.R.6083 Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2012 S.1298 Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2010
RegulationsMentioned in 70 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Rural Water Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Rural Water Assn
- Toggle 34 EPA Small Drinking Water Systems Variances - Revision of Existing National -Level Affordability Methodology and Proposed Methodology to Indentify Variance Technology that is Protective of Public Health 2005
- Toggle 29 EPA National Primary Drinking Water Regulations: Stage 2 Disinfectants and Disinfection Byproducts Rule; National Primary and Secondary Drinking Water Regulations: Approval of Analytical Methods for Chemical Contaminants. 2002
- Toggle 17 EPA National Primary Drinking Water Regulations: Long Term 2 Enhanced Surface Water Treatment Rule. 2002
- Toggle 14 EPA Revised Total Coliform Rule 2008
- Toggle 11 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Electronic Reporting Rule 2009
- Toggle 8 EPA National Primary Drinking Water Regulations for Lead and Copper: Short-Term Regulatory Revisions and Clarifications 2005
- Toggle 8 EPA National Primary Drinking Water Regulations: Ground Water Rule 2002
- Toggle 8 EPA National Primary Drinking Water Regulations; Arsenic and Clarifications to Compliance and New Source Contaminants Monitoring 2001
- Toggle 7 EPA National Primary Drinking Water Regulations; Announcement of EPA's Review of Existing Drinking Water Standards and Request for Public Comment. 2002
- Toggle 7 EPA National Primary Drinking Water Regulations; Radon-222 2003