Right to Life
Right to life is a phrase that describes the belief that a human being has an essential right to live, particularly that a human being has the right not to be killed by another human being. The concept of a right to life is central to debates on the issues of capital punishment, euthanasia, self defense, abortion and war.
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's May 16, 2012 filing. independent expenditures updated daily.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Independent Expendituresmoney spent supporting or opposing a candidate
Candidate Support/Oppose Total Spent Mitt RomneySupport $1,109,701 Connie MackSupport $134,547 Josh MandelSupport $128,794 Marco RubioSupport $90,272 George AllenSupport $62,117 Tommy G. ThompsonSupport $54,355 Scott P. BrownSupport $45,192 Peter HoekstraSupport $40,589 Todd AkinSupport $38,502 Richard E. MourdockSupport $27,784
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of Right to Life
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Right to Life $695,321
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Health Issues,
- Medicare & Medicaid,
- District of Columbia,
- Family, Abortion & Adoption,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Foreign Relations,
- Government Issues,
- Law Enforcement & Crime
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.3 No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act H.R.1249 America Invents Act H.R.452 Medicare Decisions Accountability Act of 2011 S.1145 Civilian Extraterritorial Jurisdiction Act (CEJA) of 2011 H.R.358 Protect Life Act H.R.361 Abortion Non-Discrimination Act of 2011 H.R.2299 Child Interstate Abortion Notification Act H.R.2376 Stem Cell Research Advancement Act of 2011 H.J.RES.3 Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relating to parental rights. S.906 No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act
RegulationsMentioned in 79 dockets; Submitted to 3 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "Right to Life" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for Right to Life
- Toggle 25 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2011
- Toggle 2 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 1 FDA Draft Guidance for Industry; Dietary Supplements: New Dietary Ingredient Notifications and Related Issues 2011
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for Right to Life
- Toggle 390 CMS Certain Preventive Services Under the Affordable Care Act 2012
- Toggle 304 HHS Group Health Plans and Health Insurance Issuers Relating to Coverage of Preventive Services under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act 2011
- Toggle 22 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 12 FWS Removal of gray wolf in Wyoming from the list of Endangered and Threatened Species 2011
- Toggle 9 Threatened Status for the Distinct Population Segment of the North American Wolverine Occurring in the Continguous United States 2012
- Toggle 8 EPA Greenhouse Gas New Source Performance Standard for Electric Generating Units 2011
- Toggle 7 EPA Petition Requesting Ban on Use and Production of Atrazine 2011
- Toggle 7 NPS Special Regulations, National Park Service, Cape Hatteras National Seashore, Off-Road Vehicle Management 2011
- Toggle 6 FWS Petition to List the African Lion (Panthera leo leo) As Endangered 2012
- Toggle 4 NOAA Endangered and Threatened Species; Proposed Delisting of Eastern DPS of Steller Sea Lions 2011