National Retail Federation
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
Latest FEC Datacovers through committee's December 31, 2012 filing.
Summaryoverview of the committee's finances
- Total Raised:
- Total Spent:
- Cash on Hand:
Standardized Donation Informationcovers roughly through Q4 2012. may lag behind FEC section above, as donors and industries are identified by hand.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Retail Federation
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Retail Federation $6,760,000
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Law Enforcement & Crime,
- Consumer Product Safety,
- Health Issues,
- Apparel, Clothing, & Textiles,
- Government Issues,
- Small Business
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.704 United States Optimal Use of Trade to Develop Outerwear and Outdoor Recreation Act H.R.1528 Consumer Privacy Protection Act of 2011 S.799 Commercial Privacy Bill of Rights Act of 2011 H.R.2071 U.S. OUTDOOR Act H.R.2387 SAVE Act S.1151 Personal Data Privacy and Security Act of 2011 S.1244 SAVE Act S.1207 Data Security and Breach Notification Act of 2011 S.1443 Asia-South Pacific Trade Preferences Act H.R.1265 To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to permanently extend the 15-year recovery period for qualified leasehold improvement property, qualified restaurant property, and qualified retail improvement property.
RegulationsMentioned in 39 dockets; Submitted to 11 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Retail Federation" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Retail Federation
- Toggle 1 APHIS Notice of Request for Extension of Approval of an Information Collection; Lacey Act Declaration Requirement; Plants and Plant Products 2012
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Mexico’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
- Toggle 1 USCG Availability of Draft Environmental Assessment for the Proposed Modification of the Bayonne Bridge 2012
- Toggle 1 FMCSA The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's 2011-2016 Strategic Plan: Raising the Safety Bar 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Japan’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
- Toggle 1 CFPB Electronic Funds Transfer Act – Prepaid Cards 2012
- Toggle 1 IRS Tax Accounting Elections on Behalf of Foreign Corporations; Withdrawal 2011
- Toggle 1 IRS Retail Inventory Method (REG-125949-10) 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments on Canada’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
- Toggle 1 OSHA Establishment of the Whistleblower Protection Advisory Committee (WPAC) 2012
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Retail Federation
- Toggle 7 EPA None Unknown
- Toggle 4 IRS Health Insurance Premium Assistance Credit 2011
- Toggle 3 HHS Exchange Functions in the Individual Market: Eligibility Determinations; Standards for Verification of Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage, Employer Appeals, and Employer SHOP Participation 2011
- Toggle 2 USTR Request for Comments on Mexico’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
- Toggle 2 NLRB Proposed rule amending representation-case procedures 2011
- Toggle 2 USCG Availability of Draft Environmental Assessment for the Proposed Modification of the Bayonne Bridge 2012
- Toggle 2 PHMSA Hazardous Materials: Reverse Logistics 2011
- Toggle 2 EPA Request for Comment on Letters Seeking a Waiver of the Renewable Fuel Standard 2012
- Toggle 2 USTR Request for Comments on Canada’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011
- Toggle 2 USTR Request for Comments on Japan’s Expression of Interest in the Proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Agreement 2011