National Propane Gas Assn
The National Propane Gas Association (NPGA) is a U.S. trade organization representing the 3,500 companies in the propane industry. NPGA provides training standards for energy industry professionals, and it has compiled studies safety incidents relating to the transportation, distribution and usage of this fuel. NPGA also provides educational material for consumers on the safe handling of propane.
Campaign Finance$1,430,682 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Propane Gas Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Propane Gas Assn $11,628,383
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Homeland Security,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Labor, Antitrust & Workplace,
- Fuel, Gas & Oil
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2014 Propane Green Autogas Solutions Act of 2011 S.1120 Propane Green Autogas Solutions Act of 2011 H.R.1835 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act of 2009 H.R.3716 H.R.4213 Tax Extenders Act of 2009 S.1350 Fueling America Act of 2009 S.1408 New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions H.R.2868 Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Act of 2009 S.3409 H.R.901 Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Security Authorization Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 194 dockets; Submitted to 75 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Propane Gas Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Propane Gas Assn
- Toggle 10 PHMSA US DOT/RSPA - Interim Final Rule - Hazardous Materials: Cargo Tank Motor Vehicles in Liquified Compressed Gas Service 1997
- Toggle 5 PHMSA Periodic Inspection and Testing of Cylinders 1995
- Toggle 4 PHMSA Hazardous Materials in Intrastate Commerce 1987
- Toggle 4 PHMSA National Propane Gas Association (NPGA) - Exemption - Hazardous Materials - One-Way Transportation in Commerce of Certain Non-DOT Specification Storage Tanks Containing Propane 2004
- Toggle 4 PHMSA Revision of Cargo Tank Regulations - Hazardous Materials 1998
- Toggle 4 EERE Energy Conservation Program for Consumer Products: Energy Conservation Standards for Residential Furnaces and Boilers [69FR45420] (EERE-2001-STD-0102) 2006
- Toggle 3 FMCSA American Trucking Associations, Inc. Application for Preemption Determination Concerning District of Columbia Restrictions Regarding Highway Routing of Certain Hazardous Materials 2005
- Toggle 3 PHMSA National Propane Gas Association - Petition for Rulemaking 1992
- Toggle 3 FMCSA Electronic On-Board Recorders for Hours-of-Service 2004
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers 2004
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Propane Gas Assn
- Toggle 231 DHS Chemical Facility Anti-terrorism Standards 2006
- Toggle 65 PHMSA US DOT/RSPA - Interim Final Rule - Hazardous Materials: Cargo Tank Motor Vehicles in Liquified Compressed Gas Service 1997
- Toggle 29 FMCSA Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) - Hours of Service of Drivers 1997
- Toggle 26 PHMSA U. S. DOT/RSPA - Hazardous Materials - Emergency Discharge Control System, Hoses, and Attendance Requirements for Cargo Tank Motor Vehicles 1997
- Toggle 12 PHMSA Applicability of Hazardous Materials Regulations to Loading, Unloading and Storage 1998
- Toggle 11 PHMSA Qualification of Pipeline Personnel - Pipeline Safety 1998
- Toggle 11 PHMSA National Propane Gas Association (NPGA) - Exemption - Hazardous Materials - One-Way Transportation in Commerce of Certain Non-DOT Specification Storage Tanks Containing Propane 2004
- Toggle 9 FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers 2004
- Toggle 8 PHMSA Periodic Inspection and Testing of Cylinders 1995
- Toggle 8 PHMSA New York Propane Gas Association for a Preemption Determination as to Nassau County, New York, Ordinance on Transportation of Liquefied Petroleum Gases 1997