National Pork Producers Council
Campaign Finance$2,986,005 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars. "Other" includes 3rd parties and organizations without official party affiliation.
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Pork Producers Council
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Pork Producers Council $11,772,150
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Environment & Superfund,
- Homeland Security,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Health Issues,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title S.1086 Livestock Marketing Fairness Act H.R.2749 Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2009 H.R.1549 Preservation of Antibiotics for Medical Treatment Act of 2009 S.460 S.619 Preservation of Antibiotics for Medical Treatment Act of 2009 S.510 FDA Food Safety Modernization Act H.R.1226 Foot and Mouth Disease Prevention Act of 2009 S.337 Foot and Mouth Disease Prevention Act of 2009 H.R.1226 GSE Mission Improvement Act of 2011 S.337 A bill for the relief of Sali Bregaj and Mjaftime Bregaj.
RegulationsMentioned in 226 dockets; Submitted to 58 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Pork Producers Council" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Pork Producers Council
- Toggle 4 FMCSA Pilot Program on NAFTA Long-Haul Trucking Provisions 2011
- Toggle 4 FSIS Non-Ambulatory Disabled Veal Calves and Other Non-Ambulatory Disabled Livestock at Slaughter; Petitions for Rulemaking 2010
- Toggle 2 APHIS Changes in Disease Status of the Brazilian State of Santa Catarina with Regard to Certain Ruminant and Swine Diseases 2009
- Toggle 2 FDA The Judicious Use of Medically Important Antimicrobial Drugs in Food-Producing Animals 2010
- Toggle 2 FDA New Animal Drugs; Cephalosporin Drugs; Extralabel Animal Drug Use; Order of Prohibition 2008
- Toggle 2 AMS Mandatory Country of Origin Labeling of Beef, Lamb, Pork, Fish, Perishable Agricultural Commodities, and Peanuts Unknown
- Toggle 2 FDA The National Antimicrobial Resistance Monitoring System (NARMS) Strategic Plan 2011-2015 2010
- Toggle 2 FMCSA Regulatory Guidance: Applicability of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations to Operators of Certain Farm Vehicles and Off-Road Agricultural Equipment 2011
- Toggle 1 USTR Request for Comments Concerning Free Trade Agreement With the Republic of Colombia 2009
- Toggle 1 FDA Veterinary Feed Directive 2010
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Pork Producers Council
- Toggle 144 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitations Guidelines and Standards for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs). 2002
- Toggle 70 GIPSA Implementation of Regulations Required Under Title XI of the Food, Conservation and Energy Act of 2008; Conduct in Violation of the Act 2010
- Toggle 55 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitation Guidelines and Standards for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs) 2005
- Toggle 37 EPA Notice of Availability of Correspondence Regarding to the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Permit Regulation and Effluent Limitation Guidelines for Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations 2005
- Toggle 29 EPA National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO) Reporting Rule 2011
- Toggle 20 Hours of Service; Limited 90-Day Waiver from the 30-Minute Rest Break Requirement for the Transportation of Livestock 2013
- Toggle 18 EPA CERCLA/EPCRA Administrative Reporting Exemption for Air Releases of Hazardous Substances from Animal Waste 2007
- Toggle 13 EPA Request for Comment on Letters Seeking a Waiver of the Renewable Fuel Standard 2012
- Toggle 12 EPA Valuing Improved Water Quality in the Chesapeake Bay Using Stated Preference Methods 2012
- Toggle 10 FSIS Non-Ambulatory Disabled Veal Calves and Other Non-Ambulatory Disabled Livestock at Slaughter; Petitions for Rulemaking 2010
Advisory Committees10 people on 10 committees
Data is based on disclosures required by the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA). Matches are based on the occurrence of the company name in the committee member affiliation. Variations in company names may cause some matches to be missed.
The table shows only the top 10 agencies. To search and download raw records from the complete dataset see the FACA data section.
Table shows employees of "National Pork Producers Council" that sat on federal advisory committees.
- Toggle Department of Agriculture 5 people on 5 committees
- Toggle Commodity Futures Trading Commission 3 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Environmental Protection Agency 3 people on 1 committee
- Toggle Agency for International Development 1 person on 2 committees
- Toggle International Development Cooperation Agency 1 person on 1 committee
- Toggle Office of the United States Trade Representative 1 person on 1 committee