National Parks Conservation Assn
The National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA) is the only independent, membership organization devoted exclusively to advocacy on behalf of the National Parks System. Its mission is "to protect and enhance America's National Park System for present and future generations."
Campaign Finance$34,325 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Parks Conservation Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Parks Conservation Assn $4,523,944
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Fed Budget & Appropriations,
- Environment & Superfund,
- Natural Resources,
- Clean Air & Water,
- Aviation, Airlines & Airports,
- Energy & Nuclear Power,
- Real Estate & Land Use,
- Marine, Boats & Fisheries,
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.2643 Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 S.2747 Land and Water Conservation Authorization and Funding Act of 2009 H.R.850 To facilitate a proposed project in the Lower St. Croix Wild and Scenic River, and for other purposes. H.R.4291 Public Lands Rehabilitation and Job Creation Act S.227 Harriet Tubman National Historical Park and Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad National Historical Park Act S.1134 St. Croix River Crossing Project Authorization Act H.R.1335 To revise the boundaries of the Gettysburg National Military Park to include the Gettysburg Train Station, and for other purposes. H.R.1612 Public Lands Service Corps Act of 2010 H.R.2996 Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2010 S.233 North Fork Watershed Protection Act of 2011
RegulationsMentioned in 307 dockets; Submitted to 22 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Parks Conservation Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Documents Submitted by the Organization
View all submissions data for National Parks Conservation Assn
- Toggle 46 BLM Notice of Proposed Rule: Oil and Gas; Well Stimulation, Including Hydraulic Fracturing, on Federal and Indian Lands 43 CFR 3160 2012
- Toggle 41 FWS Removal of gray wolf in Wyoming from the list of Endangered and Threatened Species 2011
- Toggle 20 FWS Designating the Northern Rocky Mountain Population of Gray Wolf as a Distinct Population Segment and Removing This Distinct Population Segment From the Federal List of Endangered and Threatened Wildlife 2008
- Toggle 7 Oil and Gas; Hydraulic Fracturing on Federal and Indian Lands 2013
- Toggle 7 FWS General Regulations for Areas Administered by the National Park Service and the Fish and Wildlife Service 2008
- Toggle 3 EPA Approval, Disapproval and Promulgation of Implementation Plans; Nebraska; Regional Haze State Implementation Plan; Federal Implementation Plan for Best Available Retrofit Technology Determination 2012
- Toggle 2 FAA Notice of Interim Operating Authority Granted to Commercial Air Tour Operators over National Parks and Tribal Lands within or abutting National Parks. 2008
- Toggle 1 BOEM Deepwater Drilling Safety, Containment and Spill Response Meeting 2010
- Toggle 1 FWS Revised Critical Habitat for the Northern Spotted Owl 2011
- Toggle 1 FAA Notice of Initiation of Public Scoping and Notice of Public Scoping Meeting for Various National Park Air Tour Management Plans within Hawaii 2004
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Parks Conservation Assn
- Toggle 53 BLM Notice of Proposed Rule: Oil and Gas; Well Stimulation, Including Hydraulic Fracturing, on Federal and Indian Lands 43 CFR 3160 2012
- Toggle 42 FWS Removal of gray wolf in Wyoming from the list of Endangered and Threatened Species 2011
- Toggle 41 EPA North Dakota Regional Haze State Implementation Plan 2010
- Toggle 26 DOT Southwest Airlines Co. - Motion to Withhold Information from Public Disclosure - Form 41 Airframe and Aircraft Engine Financial Data Reporting 1996
- Toggle 24 FWS General Regulations for Areas Administered by the National Park Service and the Fish and Wildlife Service 2008
- Toggle 23 FWS Designating the Northern Rocky Mountain Population of Gray Wolf as a Distinct Population Segment and Removing This Distinct Population Segment From the Federal List of Endangered and Threatened Wildlife 2008
- Toggle 23 EPA Proposed Consent Decree in National Parks Conservation Association, et al. v. EPA, No. 1:11-cv-1548 (D. D.C.) 2011
- Toggle 20 EPA Review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Particulate Matter 2007
- Toggle 17 EPA Review of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS) for Particulate Matter (PM) 2001
- Toggle 17 EPA Federal Implementation Plan and Revisions to Regional Haze Provisions Governing Alternative to Source-Specific Best Available Retrofit Technology (BART) Determinations 2011