National Music Publishers Assn
The National Music Publishers Association (NMPA) is the trade association representing American music publishers and their songwriting partners. The NMPA’s mandate is to protect and advance the interests of music publishers and songwriters in matters relating to the domestic and global protection of music copyrights. More than 800 music publishers are members of NMPA and their subsidiaries and affiliates own or administer at least sixty percent of the musical compositions registered for copyright in the United States. The NMPA plays a central role in safeguarding the copyright interests of music publishers in the courts and before Congress.
Campaign Finance$183,791 Given
Figures are based on itemized contributions reported to the Federal Election Commission and state agencies. Please note that:
- contributions under $200 are not reported, and so are not included in totals.
- only contributions from individuals and organizations to candidates are included. Various accounting measures and more exotic contribution types are excluded.
- contributions are matched based on organization and recipient name reported within each election cycle. Contributions using an incorrect or non-standard version of the name may be missed.
- corporate name changes and mergers may cause figures to differ from those of the Center for Responsive Politics.
- organization totals include known subsidiaries of the organization.
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Republicans vs. Democratsin dollars
State vs. Federalin dollars
Top PAC Recipients
- Employee Color Block
- PAC Color Block
Bundled ContributionsMoney raised by the firm from multiple donors on behalf of the recipient. The firm's own contributions are not included.
Recipient Lobbyist Amount John Conyers, Jr. David Israelite $22,941 John Conyers, Jr. Berkley Etheridge Schwarz $22,941
Figures are based on lobbying activity reported to the Senate Office of Public Records. Reported dollar amounts are required to be accurate only to the nearest $20,000. For organizations whose primary business is lobbying, we display total income and top clients. For organizations that are not primarily lobbying firms, we display total amount spent on lobbying and top lobbying firms hired.
For more information, please see our lobbying methodology page.
Lobbying on Behalf of National Music Publishers Assn
Names of Lobbyists
Firm Hired Amount National Music Publishers Assn $5,677,841
Most Frequently Disclosed Lobbying Issues
- Copyright, Patent & Trademark,
- Radio & TV Broadcasting,
- Computers & Information Tech,
- Fed Budget & Appropriations
Most Frequently Disclosed Bills
Bill No. Title H.R.848 Performance Rights Act S.379 Performance Rights Act H.CON.RES.42 Entitled the "Creativity and Innovation Resolution". S.CON.RES.21 A concurrent resolution setting forth the congressional budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2012 and setting forth the appropriate budgetary levels for fiscal years 2013 through 2021. H.R.3261 Stop Online Piracy Act S.968 PIPA S.3804 Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act H.R.1201 Freedom and Innovation Revitalizing U.S. Entrepreneurship Act of 2007 S.256 Platform Equality and Remedies for Rights Holders in Music Act of 2007
RegulationsMentioned in 50 dockets
All data is based on documents downloaded from Regulations.gov. The first table shows mentions: all documents that include the name of the company anywhere in the document or document metadata. The second table shows submissions: all documents where the submitter metadata included the company name. Each table shows the top 10 dockets, ranked by number of occurrences.
Matches are based on a search for the company name. Variations in the company name, such as acronyms, nicknames or alternate names may cause documents to be missed. The mention of a company name in a document may be incidental and does not necessarily indicate that the company has any relevance to the document. Company names that are common English words may erroneously match with text that is not referring to the company.
Not all agencies submit public comments to Regulations.gov. For a list of participating and non-participating agencies see here. Agencies that do submit to Regulations.gov have varying levels of accuracy and completeness.
Regulations and public comments can be downloaded in bulk here.
The tables show occurrences of "National Music Publishers Assn" in public comments on proposed federal regulations.
Mentions in Document Text
View all mentions data for National Music Publishers Assn
- Toggle 3 OMB Development of the Joint Strategic Plan on Intellectual Property Enforcement 2012
- Toggle 3 CRB Cost of Living Adjustment for Performance of Musical Compositions by Colleges and Universities 2006
- Toggle 2 USTR Request for Comments Concerning Free Trade Agreement With the Republic of Korea 2009
- Toggle 2 CRB Determinations of Reasonable Rates and Terms for Noncommercial Broadcasting 2011
- Toggle 2 COLC Compulsory License for Making and Distributing Phonorecords, Including Digital Phonorecord Deliveries 2008
- Toggle 2 Request for Comments and Notice of public hearing concerning Proposed Transatlantic Trade and Investment Agreement 2013
- Toggle 1 Final Orders: Scope of the Copyright Royalty Judges Authority to Adopt Confidentiality Requirements upon Copyright Owners within a Voluntarily Negotiated License Agreement 2013
- Toggle 1 USTR Caribbean Basin Economic Recovery Act and the Caribbean Basin Partnership Act: Report to Congress 2009
- Toggle 1 CRB Mechanical and Digital Phonorecord Delivery Rate Determination Proceeding 2009
- Toggle 1 USTR Comments and Notice of Public Hearing Concerning China's Compliance with WTO Commitments 2009